advice needed on correctly bending my kp steering knuckle

4AGEMAD

@kpr, using a non bugeye lca with a bugeye arm inscreases its track and camber

just looked at the pic in your thread(i take it that's the bent one?).  doesn't look like you will gain much camber/ track wise. camber plates will get 2degrees, which is more than cert will allow.      may even be going backwards geometry wise using the old style knuckles ?  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it is, though the bugeye does look a bit different to the non bugeye arm.

I did notice a slight change in camber just by looking at it but I cant proove that.

felt if I can use the arms plus the adjustable tophats to reset correct camber id have slightly more track but I spose lower offset wheels can sort that.

Might try do some measurements if I can, be interesting.

Just so I can keep score; 4 people who know what they are talking about say it will be fine, and 4 people who are mechanics with no metallurgical training say you will kill babies...

I think that's it settled then.

• Like 2

Just so I can keep score; 4 people who know what they are talking about say it will be fine, and 4 people who are mechanics with no metallurgical training say you will kill babies...

I think that's it settled then.

It's illegal. It doesn't matter how safe or unsafe it's perceived to be, it's still illegal.
  • Like 1

Jeeesus.

Nobody in here is arguing that it is not illegal.

But just because something is not legal does not automatically make it dangerous. Done with a small amount of forethought and an even smaller amount of information the process that OP is wanting to do can be done safe as houses.

If a guy is going to straighten his steering arm regardless surely it is better to have a small amount of information on how to go about it rather than him just heating any metal to any temp and cooling it down in a bucket of engine oil.

May as well ban Roman for putting up a cut springs tech thread and just about every member for having the wrong wheels and the wrong tyres and the wrong engines.

• Like 2

Jeeesus.

Nobody in here is arguing that it is not illegal.

But just because something is not legal does not automatically make it dangerous. Done with a small amount of forethought and an even smaller amount of information the process that OP is wanting to do can be done safe as houses.

If a guy is going to straighten his steering arm regardless surely it is better to have a small amount of information on how to go about it rather than him just heating any metal to any temp and cooling it down in a bucket of engine oil.

This reminds me of that other great thread where the guy asked how he should fix his bent chassis.

He got sound advice and then went his own way and fucked it.

I'm kinda waiting for the OP to go

SO I ONLY HAD A HAMMER AVAILABLE.

• Like 2