Fletch's shed of debt

fletch

I got it from Standard Timber ITM Stratford. Pretty good to deal with. No hassles etc. 

Yea one of the selling points is that it wont be a creaker in the high wind zone here, and all the sweet hanging points.

Also

Image00012_zpsad25cb9a.jpg

Image00008_zps29a04aa1.jpg

Finished

Image00013_zps368ec69e.jpg

Water tank coming this weekend.

Maybe will get fill installed and front of shed cleared for more concrete

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, thats just inside. 100mm fill in one corner and 650mm in the opposite corner so an average of around 350-400mm over the whole area of 121m plus a bit extra is around 55m3

looking at a 6m strip across the front for parking also.

Getting a few quotes this week for the concrete.

Done a bit of slaving the last few days with a shovel and barrow to level a pad for the water tank.

Image00014_zps22019052.jpg

Got the tank from Devan tanks. $3400 delivered for 30,000L

Image00015_zps7b398fa8.jpg

Its 450kg so it was stuck there for a while.

Then Ray came to visit yesterday and we did some towing

Result!

imagejpeg_2_zps05389180.jpg

Have to plumb it up this week and also tie it down in case the wind picks up before it rains

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Done some more work. Got a lot of fill in there and levelled most of it. 

Got the base of the all important hoist marked out and dug out to be 200mm thick

Image00016_zpsxv5xld0d.jpg

Then i rolled it with my work car until my clutch leg got sore but i couldn't get all the edges. I hired a compactor after work today and pushed it round until my hands went numb. I also left it on autopilot here and there....

G3rF4lNX1o

• Like 4

Don't know if its applicable where you are but careful they don't hit you with a fill cert for >600mm.

Also is that a panther?

N/A already signed off. The floor is not a structural part of the shed so anything goes.

Yes it is a panther. It bites me when I don't feed it at 6 am sharp, or if I don't leave it any milk in my weetbix bowl.

And it thinks I need more killing practise cos it brings me live animals at night

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dads got a vx land cruiser I can grab any time.

Cheers man, ill let you know when im planning to move the car.  

I had talked myself out of painting the floor due to cost but i just saw bart's floor and i want

Anyway, where was i...

I made these perfect rebates in the floor for the doors so the rain would not get blown in

Image00017_zpsnpfa2niy.jpg

However, i did not take into account the thickness of the lip on the bottom of the door. fuck.

Image00018_zpssdjqcnls.jpg

A bit of head scratching and discussion over many beers and the answer was obvious.

Flip the tracks around

Image00019_zps6mgn06z7.jpg

Just needed a few blocks of wood to pack out the mounting brackets.

Next mission was a trench for the power cable and while i was at it, water pipes too. 

Power cable was 75m long, 600mm deep, and about another 130m of 300mm deep for water pipes.

Image00022_zpspfgh6w6s.jpg

a chain trencher is an awesome tool, sooo much better than the shovel. Its also great at finding things you never knew were buried. Like my neighbours water pipes, and various electric fence cables

Image00021_zps59ihhtx8.jpg

About 3 hours trenching, works out to 9 hours of back filling

Image00020_zpshahm2ga4.jpg

The left over concrete was poured into a pad at the end of the shed to make a small shelter for my water pump and also compressor to keep the noise as far away from her indoors as possible

Image00023_zpsvmp6ilvm.jpg

Next up was finishing the trench by hand. I found 3 downpipes, 2 water pipes, 1 power cable, and 2 electric fence cables here. wont be doing that again.

Image00024_zpsy2fdvqy5.jpg

I also ripped out the 20 year old downpipes as they had a good build up of dust, leaves, dead birds etc.

I replaced them with a screen thingy and also a first flush diverter that i have half ifnished

Image00025_zpsov1pv9ug.jpg

Thats about as far as i have got. Its been raining here after work for a while. Next job is

-install the power cable at both ends

-build a pump shed

-do some more plumbing

-wire up the shed

-build some shelving

-level the ground out front and pour about 80m2 more concrete

-work on some cars. maybe. next year?

• Like 8