Rhyscar's KE20 Rally Car

Rhyscar

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the whole engine has been put together fairly well really. I'll try get some pics of the combustion chambers over the next few days. Pistons come right to top of block and combustion chamber is only around where valves are, looks like compression ratio could be up around 13:1.

Not sure on cam spec or valve size.. All I'll say is it doesn't like to idle, struggles to hold any power below 4000 rpm but between 5-8000rpm revs it's tits off and makes heaps of power with good response.

Cool thanks we may be after a few bits and pieces depends what we end up going with

Looks like they are mahle pistons. Just trying to track down distributor at the moment. Hopefully will be readily available.

Nick found some on alibaba last night.. $27/piston... minimum order only 200 sets. Seems legit haha

Other option is to use the block/pistons Brad has but finding rings is potentially difficult and not sure if it will be as simple as bolting onto head. Should know more after the weekend

• 2 weeks later...

I found out some years back, that those Arias pistons were meant to take a GSXR750 ring set, that was after B&H grooved them sadly. How did your end gaps turn out? When I stripped my motor down, the end gaps were massive (B&H gapped them etc) which is one of the reasons why I flagged the 4K

Found the piston details on the interwebs which specified 15thou gap so that's what we gapped them to.

Funnily enough we are 90% sure they are datsun a14 pistons which there has got heaps of forged pistons etc lying around palmy due to the ministock guys that run them at 14:1.