Miniman76's 4AGE Mini racer!

kyteler

hey mate the r1 carbs wernt bad to jet at all only problem we have at the moment is the sizes we have as you can not get a range of jets we have number drills some jets but need in between sizes but that should change soon as we have got a set of fcr 41 race carbs sitting in the shed we bought a bit back. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah iv fitted a few sets of cbr900 and r1 cv carbs to a few cars and iv always just done the drill thing, its usually close enough is good enough. iv fitted a set of 41 fcrs to a previous toyota 5k build and the throttle response is amazing over cv types. 41 was a bit big for the wee 5k tho was hard to get the jetting crisp right down low to mid. recently got a set of 39 fcrs for my next 7k build so hopefully spot on size wize. be interested to see the gains you make with the swap, im betting they will be pretty satisfying, glad to see you sticking with carbs. look like a tidy set of carbs too.

• Like 1

The carbs to me sound so great when ya jump on the throttle I rekon and injection would cost us to much like everything it has its fors and agaisnts but bike carbs is where its at haha.the carbs have spent there life on a speedway car im not sure what exactly but will do the job for us when I run ot on the dyno will get some figures to put up theres alot in I rekon as we are slightly to rich by just a tad and going down 1 jet is too lean

Whereabouts in Aussie did you get the repair panel? Cheers

Hi mate ended up buying the pannels of minisport in aussie they have a website with all there parts on it from.what I gather they dont have anything to do with the uk mini sport very good bloke to deal with. I just bought another mini which im getting tomorrow to strip out for spare parts haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Out of interest have you had any issues with filling the cam covers with oil and pushing out the breathers with constant high revs on the track?

I've had years of this, trying many things to try stop it, have spoken to a lot of people with 16v 4age's have the exact same problem. Ranging from a guy with a smallport lotus 7, Andre at STM, myself with 4agze ae86 and both fwd bigport and smallport turbo 4agze etc etc.

I don't see any extra breathers on yours, do you have this issue at all? 

We have had a few issues at testing of pushing oil from our sump breather but nothing from the top

we are venting the sump also with the high rpm and high compression .it then allows the oil from the cylinder head to flow back down with out being forced up but we were using a dash 8 fitting out of the sump but with the forces was pushing up to our catch can but welded a little bit of break line to reduce the size and keep it above the oil level and havent had any issues since they tend to vent the sump alot on turbo cars I have read

• 2 weeks later...