Random Fabrication Thread

downtrail

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does considering I bent all that by hand. I made some changes a couple of days ago, I can now bypass the filter so you are not heating the water in there/losing heat from the stainless.

Also I will buy a solar panel so it can just chug away with the filter when not in use.

Double also I have bought a peltier device http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_effect and will use the temperature difference from the water to the fire to power the pump when the fire is lit.

• Like 1

In theory it is all about the difference in temp, and i will have a lot of that. I imagine it will need some regulation on the output. The unit only cost $17 so if not enough electrickery gets made I will keep adding them til it does.

Wouldn't want any turning to steam in that setup!
Must have a pretty good throughput :)

Some great tables on here, I've got to do the same for a 3 x 1.5 table on castors.
Now to find some time and money and...... that other thing.... ummm..... oh yeah, skill!

Here is some stuff that I have made at work. I'm lucky as am given freedom to design and make things myself using any methods necessary.

Proud of these projects for different reasons.

Speaker stands, stainless boat trailer, radio mast and a flange with machined hole at very precise angle and location (made fixture on lathe to hold flange in correct position and angle for boring, then made a number of them using fixture in CNC) and ladder repair.

20140820_155711_1.jpg

20140820_155804.jpg

20150217_095713.jpg

20150217_131816.jpg

20150228_143626.jpg

20150228_143613.jpg

20150314_085942.jpg

20150402_100750.jpg

20150402_131427.jpg

20150416_135141.jpg

• Like 7

That's right, beach only behind a quad. Its for an elderly couple so was balanced very nicely so drawbar only had a few KGS on it.

The rear centering roller bound up and made it too hard so pull the boat on by hand so that was also machined out of acetal at the last minute. Its also made to dissassemble in a few minutes if required.

Also happy as with the jockey wheel. I bent it up out of roundbar and it stores away upside down in its tube with a little hook to stop it flipping round all over the place.

When wheeling it round home they just pull a pin, lift the jokey wheel upward and then slot it in from the bottom and replace pin.

• Like 1