Z18et1200coupe's 1966 Datsun Bluebird

z18et1200coupe

Cheers fellas. Paid 4500 for it. Seems a solid investment to me. I've never seen another one for sale like this so I'm not too sure of what its worth. But 4500 seems aight!

Mr.Mk1 yours looks awesome! How much did you lower it? and where did you find springs for the front? Did you find some roaster ones or just give the factory ones a wee chop chop? Looks rad on the white walls!

2in blocks in back and about 2.5in cut from front. Bumpstops had a haircut. A-arm setup so that spring ain't falling out! These wee things were electro dipped so don't tend to rust (why didn't datsun keep this recipe!) and has not had any repairs also, but been re sprayed about 15yrs ago. Faded in sun and stained in wet so painted it the other week, just to save polishing the damn thing!

I know of a few pretty tired ones in a paddock, along with a wagon that we will get this year so if you need bits, make a list.

Was this the one on trademe with gay wheels?

Nice. I'll probably buy some roadster competition springs from US and see how they sit, might cut a loop or two off them depending on how low they sit. I just dont want to butcher the original ones.Aaaaah. I was wondering how this thing could have so little rust.

Wicked thanks man! there might be a few little bits I need. And yeah, was on trademe with the mega gay wheels.

Old dudes rip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the wheels on Bluey and dropped er' down a wee bit. Might have taken a wee bit too much off the front springs, is pretty much on the bump stops. And just under 100mm clearance, but aaah! The Po-po should love it anyway!

Back height could go a little lower, for the meantime I've just got a few 25L containers in the boot to drop it down a little..

A few piccys. Hope their not too big.

d3vuqctm.hqs.jpg

Nice bosozoku pipe you have there ;)

on a serious note, I like this allot!

• 2 years later...

Lol at selling and buying another the same.

I put an A series in wife's 410 when the E1 got tired, lots of work involved and they mount entirely different. Plus the hydro clutch vs A cable is a bit of a hiccup.

But yes we've flown through a few warrants now with no worries. They know it's not factory but it won't fall out on the road and it's hardly a powerhouse!