Potentially loosing my mind and buying a BMW, known issues??

Bombsquad

So i swore since id never do this since every euro ive owned has been a complete turd, but ive been offered a pretty special BMW for a price I really cant turn down (its a 2000 323i coupe).
Its been well looked after, the engine and driveline are stock, and its done 230,000ks (tiptronic gbox). Are there any issues of this year that i should be warey of?? seeing as i know ill have to sell a kidney if anything craps out on it.
The seller says it has an issue with a sensor that makes it chug a bit during cold start, but comes right when its warm, any ideas on that?? 
Any thoughts.advice would be great as its a fuckin cool car for the $$ im looking at payng for it so im keen to snap it up.

I always thought badges denoted engine size? Its special as its full genuine AC shnitzer (literally everything has been done to this thing).

ac schnitzer didn't do a 'special' 323i model in that shape. 

they did bits for them but that makes it no more special than a generic commodore with an hsv bodykit

• Like 2

Oh wow, I always thought a 323i was a 2.3 litre injected motor - I had an E36 323i, it went well for the whale that it was haha.

mostly that's the case. sometimes they do different models this way though

e46compact 316s are 1.8s cut back. e28 525ees are 2.7s detuned and sold as a high economy model. 

ac schnitzer didn't do a 'special' 323i model in that shape. 

they did bits for them but that makes it no more special than a generic commodore with an hsv bodykit

Yeah your right thats all this is, no motor work or anything but fuck its a good looking car and im not looking to use it for anything other than a weekend cruiser.

So before i sign on the dotted line any thoughts on potential "sensor issue" for cold start, sorry I cant be more specific but it was a very impromptu look over when I viewed the car.
Also looking forward to maximum levels of pretentious douche points, and wtf looks when I go put $20 gas in it  :doubt:

To be honest id be weary of any "sensor issue" or intermittent fault in any car. It could be an easy fix, or it could be hours of someone hunting around trying to find the cause = labour costs. win some lose some type dealio.

If it was as simple as replacing a sensor ask yourself why the owner hasn't done it already.

• Like 1

there pretty good ive got one done 230,000+km now 323i manual msport, few issues tho rear subframe where it bolts to the chassis can start to crack but should of been fixed as there was a recall and if lowed the strut tops can crack or go a bit mushroomed looking .Oil level sensor die on them but i check it anyway

price for parts isn't too bad for a new yet semi old car ive brought a bit through bmw diff bush, throttle cable , selector bushes ect all ok prices few things up there, but i just buy that online through ebay or European part sites heaps around

230k on most things is getting up there. If you're not worried about potentially high running/repair costs then sure get it. Initial buy price is only one part of the cost of ownership though. Mileage is also just one part of the picture but I'd always lean to paying more at the start, to get a lower mileage example. Just personal preference.