steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you thought about pulling the roof/lintel off the garage and temporarily filling it at a ramp onto the site?

Feed the container straight in / onto the site with somthing like an excavator / frontend loader at each end to handle the height / grade change etc...

Sure, will still cost a bit to rebuild the shed etc.. but looks cheaper than the big a$$ cranes & road closures you're looking at.

Doubt it it that simple IRL but got to ask

Mad MSPaint skilz there!!

Stick wheels on one end and push it onto the site.

Looks like from the pic below, going through the shed/garage with a temp ramp will come out at a good level with easy access from the street / main road.

Just have to sacrifice the shed & rebuild *bugger*

24012014596_zps1c6abf38.jpg

2v0efbn.jpg

haha SR1600, i quote that mantra like 128754hfrjvvfv944 times a day!

hate to disappoint y'all but this was always going to happen by crane as it's the quickest, easiest and cheapest option - by a long shot in all cases.

been a good/10 pages of yarn

moving on

• Like 3

it's been going ok, no major surprises cos i'm used to blowing budgets with cars.

started with a wadge of cash and a worst case scenario of ending up broke with a house in place, minus fit out.

since then it's looking more like by the time i hit original cost of completion it'll be minus fit out, drive, roof, and small shit in between.

not too many more large (by comparison) costs once it's on the land and lockable but progress will likely slow right down. can't have all 3 etc