Flex Joints/ Flexible rod ends for ladder bar

Yammies

have you spoken to a certifier about what you plan on doing? a ladder bar rear on a street car is a bit of a disaster waiting to happen.

if it is a true ladder bar style you wont need that style of joint as they dont articulate very much anyway

Sure have. He said they need to be a rubber or similar flexible type of joint, as opposed to spherical rod ends as there isnt enough 'give' in the rod end. Ladder bar is going in a chevette which has torque tube from factory so is very similar to factory and allows the pinion to stay in alignment

Good luck finding the rubber ones. I need two rubber ones to replace two of my rose joints.

What a mission. Best i could find in a hurry was on summit, barely any of the local shops even understood what i was talking about.

In the end i just made my own.

I have recently done diff conversion in my Gemini which is the same ad a chevette and I used rose joints both ends I had major issues getting info out of my certifier as he was unsure. I ended up going to a local hot rod shop and asking them they said rose joints on front as minimum not allowed rubber/urethane on front ok on the rear tho/diff end. I have set it up with twin arms pointing toward the center to help it roll and it goes through full travel and the bars a still loose no binding.

I find just making everything saves on freight and trips to the shops. Use shock eye bushes, find some that are slightly bigger than the id of some sch40 tube. That way they real quick to make.

This^   If you're making the rest of it, may as well just make your own ?

Pic_0002arm.jpg