gt starlet HELLLP!

ep82-toy-let

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You realise that swapping parts is the most expensive way to diagnose a problem aye?

so how else am I supposed to find out whats rong mate? please amuse me? I don't have money to pay 4 a mechanic plus parts, have gone over entire car looking for leaks, etc, have run a diagnostic on it with no codes showing... so please, if you have some idea I havnt already tried id love to hear it

did you try a *known* accurate boost gauge? the gauge that came in my GTti charade was a cheap repco one, and i bought a new autometer one which read 3psi higher, i was concerned that id done something to raise the boost, so borrowed a second know accurate and top quality hks gauge from a member here and confirmed my autometer was accurate and the repco one was 3psi out. 

very possible the gauge you have is reading low and your simply hitting boost cut, especially if you have a boost tap installed 

i really dont think its old fuel. 

though the other thing that just occured to me, is that my charade does some weird thing with no air filter, where sometimes if you hit high boost, it will just cut all power violently, im pretty sure this is boost cut, but im not experienced much in the way of turbo cars and problems, but its a common phenomonen with the GTti charades running no filter.

so, do you have a filter?