gt starlet HELLLP!

ep82-toy-let

Sounds like boost cut dude. With your front mount change you didn't knock/bend the actuator arm or muck with the vac lines? (Assuming the front cover > actuator line is on?)

no im pretty sure I didn't muck anything up, didn't bend the actuator arm, and took off and replaced one vac lines one at a time so that I didn't incorrectly hook them up. its not feeling like boost cut anymore, since I put everything back to factory, it doesn't feel like its hiiting a brick wall lol, all it does now is pop and crackle a bit when going thru boost on high. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really dont think its old fuel. 

though the other thing that just occured to me, is that my charade does some weird thing with no air filter, where sometimes if you hit high boost, it will just cut all power violently, im pretty sure this is boost cut, but im not experienced much in the way of turbo cars and problems, but its a common phenomonen with the GTti charades running no filter.

so, do you have a filter?

yea I have a pod filter, the car came with a pod and ran fine, I did get a new one as it was old and dirty, have tried it with the old filter on and still had issues

umm at least a few months I think

It'll be fine. then. but you may have water in your tank tho from condensation. easy way to check is pull fuel pump out and have a look into the bottom of the tank you'll see it if there is any water it'll sit on the bottom and look like a brown blob.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!! what a relief.... ran some fuel conditioner shit thru it, which says it removes water also, went down for my wof on low boost, then tried high boost on the way home and away she went! thans for all the help and suggestions, seems our member "downtrail" had the right answer. cheers

damn it, get it on the road and then have a potential head gasket issue, white foam in res tank, and every so often it blows some water out the res tank, also has a miss when warm at idle and im 3 psi short of top boost, also some bubbles coming out when cap off. no milky residue under cap or smell in radiator/res tank or white smoke from exaust and doesn't overheat. though I know this doesn't always happen, depends were it cracks? going to have a decent look and do a compression test.