gt starlet HELLLP!

ep82-toy-let

so... its almost time to get my car back on the road but ive hit a roadblock.... ill try describe my issue best I can.

before I started doing ANY mods to the car it ran good, but as you do, I wanted a bit more from it, so went about changing the top mount for a fmi, this is where it all started, I lost a few psi, (from 9-10psi down to around 5 or 6)... got told I may need to move the pressure signal to manifold... so I did, to the most obvious looking place I could find... then it got worse, and in mis communication it was moved to the MAP sensor... it was run briefly like this, not driven, just run, didn't run well. moved pressure signal back to factory spot, took it for small drive, ran like absolute shit.... feels as tho its hitting boost cut or not getting fuel...... in saying that, ran ok one time... then next day was shit again.

so, I thought id put everything back to how it was before I started, back to top mount, original hoses etc etc, and its still running like crap, ive spent the last 3 days going over it trying to figure it out with no luck... getting to the point of giving up and I cant really afford a mechanics bill to get it sorted.... im getting desperate and cant seem to get a straight answer from anywere else.....

PLEEEEEASE if you know what it could be please help me, I need it to get to work and its the only car I have for now, so need to get it going.... thanks... 

oh and one more thing, I ran a diagnostics on it, didn't show any codes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

boost cut; it will cut right out and most times the engine check light will come on.

otherwise  start by putting some new plugs in it.  gap them down to .8mm.   check dizzy cap, rotor, leads.  replace if they need to be.

usual shit really

im taking it, from what you said. it runs fine everywhere but on high boost setting.

boost cut; it will cut right out and most times the engine check light will come on.

otherwise  start by putting some new plugs in it.  gap them down to .8mm.   check dizzy cap, rotor, leads.  replace if they need to be.

usual shit really

im taking it, from what you said. it runs fine everywhere but on high boost setting.

havent seen the check light yet tho...

• 2 weeks later...