Lincooln's Westy as '72 HQ

Lincooln

the current block in the car is a standard petrol one with the AVGAS head, carb and baffled sump. I have the AVGAS block as well. We are unsure if we will rebuild the AVGAS motor or if we can for just a little bit more build a current spec petrol motor. Reason for this is that with an AVGAS motor it was not uncommon to change a head gasket a day or more, especially when some of the guys were running 16:1.

I would like to enter the last two or so rounds of this series starting, then go all out next season. I would also need to get the tail lights changed, get the legal wheels and tyres, repaint, fit bonnet without holes and a couple of small things as well to meet spec. Hopefully will be out on track in a couple of weeks or so all going well

I'm pretty sure basic head gaskets for the 202s are cheap as chips, head bolts are reusable and coolants like $30. 202s Are super simple to work on. Just build a 16:1 ratio motor for the Lolz and do fully sick skids!

I really like the HQ, I've got an HZ ute

So I'm keen to see where this ends up. Keep at it mate

Oh yea the basic head gasket is cheap as chips, so is the exhaust/intake gasket, its just a pain in the arse to have to do it when it hot in between races. Nicer not to have to worry. Also AVGAS can compete, but not eligible for series points at this stage anyway.

Nearly ready to go now. Just got driveshaft to go and then the new oils, clutch cover and alternator bracket. Have had engine running and there are some suspect sounds. So no more running till I have the good oil and its driveable so I can actually tell what noises are what. 

Then, skid time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...