Joe's Slippery Gypsy

avjoe

so i had a wee thing going in my city turbo thread but i thought id seperate it as it seems things are getting drastically out of hand. seems to be just the way we like it on old school!

Its a old school, Velamos, kids pedal bike from Czechoslovakia.

hes a pic from the auction

276609049.jpg

i origionally wanted a honda express/ nc50, but there seems to be no so many around, for not my sort of price range.... lol

then i remembered i had a small engine lying around, that i had bought / build for an old scooter project ages ago that i never got around to completing. and thought this would be a much better cause.

specs on the engine are,

-a trademe base kit.

which i then bought a

-larger carb

-larger cylender block

-larger piston

-new conrod

-and crank

adding upto make about 88cc.

1167462_655197637823714_1984381627_o.jpg

needs a bit of a clean up but its pretty fucking sick i reckon.

basic mock up, using zip ties, lol

1291134_658234844186660_549993112_o.jpg

top bars will have to be re made, this time using round bar, the old stuff is just thin tubing.

need to find a way to set up the rear wheel so the sproket is on the same side as the engine drive, its got one of those systems where if you pedal backwards it locks the back wheel, so i dont know if im going to need to do something to get around that if im flipping the wheel.

also, i bought a super charger for it. el oh el.

will be interested to see how i get on mounting it up, obviously there isnt alot of room, should fit nicely under the seat though.

its a 'smog pump' that the yanks used on their old transams to pump fresh air into the exhaust to help pass smog tests, they are supposidly perfect for these little engines, so i may as well give it a go.

ill need to pressurise the fuel, so ill run a boost line from the s/c out let to the breather on the fuel tank, then make up a reducer pipe for the s/c outlet to the carb, to make sure the carb is getting more fuel then air.

oh yeah and a mate linked me to these

Sooooooo... NOS is on the cards too :)

cherio.

• Like 2

Can't beat burnouts for breaking in a new engine!

Not sure how well you will get on with supercharging a 2 stroke, many have tried and failed. The main issue is that due to the 2 stroke design if you use forced induction you will end up just blowing all the extra fuel/air straight out of the exhaust. You might be better off making a tuned exhaust for it (expansion chamber). Don't let me put you off though, be interested to see how it turns out!

supercharging will be hard, but i supose if you keep boost levels super low, like 2/3psi it might work better/be contained by the 2strokes piston porting.

it also strikes me that an expansion pipe (which uses presure waves to jam the lost fuel mixture back in, might help counteract the tendancy to blow it all out the exhuast)

so conclusion is, supercharged, nitroused, exhuast tuned 88cc childs bike.

as if youll be strugling for power!, 

Alltorque

its a fan that was used to 'dilute' the exhaust gases to meet emission std tests, not a huge supercharger

I found a few references to this technique online with mixed results when I googled supercharging a 2 stroke

AvJoe

I love the concept and wish you well on it

It looks haggard and angry but cute too

So you have a supercharger from a 5000cc+ motor for a 80cc 2 stroke?

Ya reckon that'll work?

Oh yes. Should make 800hp atw.

Can you get me 2 of those big bottles by friday?

Cheers felixx. Itll be interesting. Ill give it ago, but like many of you im unsure what the result will be