Dunedin - Where to live?

Indiana_Jones

i would stay away from south dunedin and north east valley due to it being freezing in winter. 

carlton hill isnt that great imo, if i was you i would be looking more towards st clair, st kilda, musselburgh ways. even andy bay.

IMO etc.

pretty budget dependant really.

if your a bogan and like state houses buy in brockville

northeast valley is freezing

south d is full of white trash

/ im white trash and i wouldnt live in south d lol.

waverly etc is for cashed up people

No list;

Calton Hill, Lookout Point, cortorphine, Pine Hill, Brockville, Caversham, South D, NEV isn't too bad but can be cold as mentioned.

St Kilda can be good as big enough sections to put cars on. Many of these end up sub divided with 2 or 3 townhouses on them but does come down to your budget.

I live further down the Peninsula, prices are good and a great couple of roads to drive to work on.

/spam

Surley the house prices in Auckland were not that bad you had to move to Dunnos! Can still get a good house on the shore for just under a cool million..

They were mate! But not only that, the mainland also suits my hobbies of classic cars and firearms. Also career-wise I think it'll be a good move.

Can't get much/anything in Auckland on a single income.

Dunedin isn't really a place you need to worry too much about what suburb you should buy. Basically, look at what the sun is going to be like on the shortest day and what you can afford/How much will the driveway be bothered by your BL addled mind...

Roslyn and Maori Hill are nice but pricey. Mornington is a pretty good compromise for sun/views/not too spendy IMO

Some places in Corstorphine/Calton Hill/St Clair/Kew seem to get good sun, but mainly on the top of the hill. Funnily enough.

Sections seem to be a bit bigger in those areas too, but there are a number which don't have off street parking due to the slope they are placed on. Sometimes see gang members in certain streets/houses but they are kinda scattered all over the place.