73crown wagons beautiful Beddy van

yoeddynz

ADVICE NEEDED! i am going to be running a 5 speed vk gearbox which has the gear stick at the driveshaft end of the gearbox, but the bedford zf gearbox which is currently in the bedford has the gear stick midway down the box so that is pops out through the floor infront of the seats. when the new vk box goes in the gearstick will be behind the seats which will be poos for driving, so whats my options? 

: do i make a a long Z style shifter which i could see being pretty crap to change gears

: is it possible to make some kind of linkage for this application

: or is there something you can buy? 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The feel of the action all depends on how sloppy you make it. If you bronze bush it and have no play then it will feel great, like wise if use imperial drill bits and metric bolts it will feel poose.

They work well if done right.

yeah if you have tunnel clearance then do it between tunnel and box for sure. I'm sure you could make something similar to the pic posted earlier but a little more pro looking.

hate how heaps of jokers do cf conversions and are just like, nah fuckit I'll get the joker in the back to change gear for me. typically kidnapped children in free candy vans wont change gears for you. they're too terrified.

• Like 1

and true most people who modify cf bedfords dont care to much about the inside looking like a murder scene.  normally people get rid of the two seater passenger seat and put a single seater so they can have a stupidly large shifter. but fuck those guys i want mine to be factory seats