Auckland MONTHLY MEET - 19 June

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus... 

That in comparison to my mates diesel Audi ( $20 from Auckland to the Mount and back ) is ridiculous... Definitely wouldn't want anything Rotary now :/ 

Retune will pull atleast 1/3rd of the fuel out.

Anyone coming tonight that has a spare instrument cluster with a mechanical speedo that they want to give me in exchange for cuddles? Preferably from a Starlet or other Toyota but whatever really. Extra cuddles offered if it has a speedo cable also....

sorry guys not going to make it tonight...

i think i've caught my gf's bug so will be staying close to a toilet... 

Ahhh the old standby excuse...

I think the real reason is in the wet with semi slicks you will not be able to control your desire to run over and squash every orange cone you see.

Cheers Richhy, i'll see how cam goes (being a toyota cluster and free) but will be in touch if i get lost.

For others, i am going to have a play with making a digital to mechanical speedo converter for all you lads that put fancy new motors in your whips and want to keep the standard instrument cluster, or need a way to re-calibrate your speedo due to different wheel/tyre combos etc so the person to give/lend me a set will get dibs on this technology ;)

Cheers Richhy, i'll see how cam goes (being a toyota cluster and free) but will be in touch if i get lost.

For others, i am going to have a play with making a digital to mechanical speedo converter for all you lads that put fancy new motors in your whips and want to keep the standard instrument cluster, or need a way to re-calibrate your speedo due to different wheel/tyre combos etc so the person to give/lend me a set will get dibs on this technology ;)

If one from an ae85 works, your more than welcome dude. 

Surely it would be easier just to keep/copy the faceplate and bezel, and make a stepper motor - all digital one?