Tarmac series for some good action!

M_C

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excitement building for Sun!

Forecast promising, (but still a while away)

I'm going to bite the bullet and put my worn semi's back on my rims, i was if it was going to be pouring with rain talk to Steve about using his semi's on the track. But if it's dry i have a feeling i'll cook them. 

So still need to swap over rims and sort out ducting for the brakes... maybe a brake fluid flush also.

I've got a set of worn very semi's that i'm going to bring also, they are old but unlike my other semi's they have almost no tread but it looks like they haven't ever really been heated up properly so i'm hoping they might act as slicks (haha - maybe....)

Furia - Max (M_C) also popped his engine today hence to x2 comment.

Waiting to see the results but I should have clawed back some points on Christo as I think he was in the 1:25's - but Brent's 1:18.xx should have closed him up a lot on my time so the OS results should be interesting...

Had a great amount of fun today... Couldn't find the grip I needed to go fast today, but did ok. A better suspension setup and fresh tyres should make a huge differance.

How did everyone else go?

Brad - how was the first time in the Opel?

Session 1 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmF-LmaTNps

Session 2 -  www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPWbCwNp-uY 

Session 2 (footage from other car) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG84X068-5I

Overall some very very average driving on my part... It's really hard to go fast when your focusing soo much on not crashing into the person thats around you... I was doing 1:25's with the starlet, and 1:22's after he spun... 

• Like 1

Session 2 (footage from other car) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG84X068-5I

Overall some very very average driving on my part... It's really hard to go fast when your focusing soo much on not crashing into the person thats around you... I was doing 1:25's with the starlet, and 1:22's after he spun... 

Funny watching him overtake you every time you went awol only for you to drag him off again... :)

Who was it? Sounds like another dead engine at the end. Maybe also caused by big moment in fast turn? Douh.

Brad - how was the first time in the Opel?

Real good overall. After watching some of those videos (of other cars) I'm surprised at how well planted my car is. I'm going a bit slower, but turn in and grip is really great, I just need to get used to the car and soften the front suspension a little bit to get a bit more mid-corner traction.

What happened to your engine?

• Like 1

I just watched the video of me putting it in 1st gear instead of 3rd (twice). It's a bit painful, and I'm lucky I didn't blow my engine too.

I've done that before at Meremere (but it was 4th at full revs into 3rd rather than 5th). I'm glad you didn't blow your motor, it seemed like quite a carnage filled day out as it was.