Tarmac series for some good action!

M_C

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane - i'm still keen to come down, if it's only to get photos and talk shit and watch you try and over take Max in the OS Championship, and to watch Brent take the overall leadership and the first ever Fiat Car Club - Oldschool Devision - Tarmac Championship Title!

Dont worry it's Max that is on catch up I have beat in 3 out of 4 events so far . Brent looks the overall winner at this stage unless he doesnt run. Still not sure what was up with my car at the last event . I'm sure i wasnt getting enough fuel due to a small fuel filter and a heavy foot. I'm looking forward to it . Trying to talk a mate into coming up to drive my car as well.

It's all good Brent great reading 1.6 xflow's dont have top speed lol My car went in today for it's wof check I want to be ready for the bent sprint the wof guy didnt like a few things already so I would think this will be the last one then rebuild time.

Nice write up man! It's always fun hearing things from another's perspective.

You sort the gear selection issues?

I'll see how I go with the next event or two before I look at pulling the gearbox out. I think it's got more to do with my aggressiveness rather than any major mechanical issues. It would be cheaper and easier to do the gearbox at the same time as the engine, which won't be until next year some time.

I like the 4 out of 5 rule for overall points, as it's not easy for everyone to make it to all the rounds (whether the reason is for time, money or mechanical failure).

It's not going to help me much though since both of my first rounds were a bit shit.

I might use the Civic next year instead if I've still got it. It should be a nice all-rounder with the combination of tight/slow courses and the faster ones.

• Like 1

I like the 4 out of 5 rule for overall points, as it's not easy for everyone to make it to all the rounds (whether the reason is for time, money or mechanical failure).

It's not going to help me much though since both of my first rounds were a bit shit.

I might use the Civic next year instead if I've still got it. It should be a nice all-rounder with the combination of tight/slow courses and the faster ones.

Much more fun watching you pirouette a screaming rotor on the skid pad…

Looked and carressed my car in the spare warehouse at work today.

That's about as far as I have got working on it. :( 

Much more fun watching you pirouette a screaming rotor on the skid pad…

Looked and carressed my car in the spare warehouse at work today.

That's about as far as I have got working on it. :( 

Come on Max you cant use this as an excuse for my car beating yours . I just sent mine into the garage to get fixed this week.

No new engine. still running the old one warrant time got a few things that need repair. New streeing rack , new muffler , horn not working , oil pump leaking , and tidy up some rust age is getting to it. I have bought two new engine mounts for the engine rebuild.