Tarmac series for some good action!

M_C

Where are the video's sir?

I'll upload the quickest run later today hopefully. In the meantime, I need to earn some money as I am about to buy a new set of tyres, and pay for my entry for the Hamilton Car Club/MBOP dual sprints at Hampton Downs this weekend.

Anyone else going?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked out the cost of competing in all rounds of the upcoming 2013/2014 Mazda Pro7 Racing Series, including entry fees, fuel, tyres, travel, plus the purchase price of my own trailer and and engine rebuild, and it came to a grand total of $21,800.

Hmmm...  :shock:

Haha yeah the uno gained 1400cc for the hill climb lol. Nah I have switched to the skyline for the rest of the series. They still just posted my times as though I was in the uno as all my entry details were against my uno number. Will have to get them to fix that up.

Was good fun though. Still learning the skyline heaps and feel I still have room for improvement. Only really felt like I was getting the hang of it on the last run Haha.

Better find some money for Hampton and sign up this week.

• Like 1

How's everyone shaping up for the dual car sprints?

I just need to get some tires swapped over, upgrade my Harry laptimer version so it links with the go-pro, and the biggest thing get the brakes working properly...

1) bleed brakes

2) sort out some brake ducting setup

I did the Hamilton Car Club / Motorsport BOP dual sprints today. It was a good day and the weather stayed clear for our timed runs, but it rained just as we were about to start our bonus session. I'm running on a new set of tyres, so it's nice to have some grip again.

Oh, what happened to the Uno?

Oh, what happened to the Uno?

Nothing at all. After missing Sainsbury Road, which is really the only event I wanted to do. I thought about the Dual Sprints and the cost VS enjoyment from the Uno, just didn't make sense. Might do Hewi but I think I shall just wait until the 156 is finished. It's not far away.

If my car ever runs again 105, I'll hit you up and we'll go and do a trackday of some sorts. In the weekend was a driver training day, and from what I could see, for only $230 you got a day on the track with some schooling on how to no be a n00b (race driver training), along with a track outing with Paul Radisich sitting beside you - it may have cost more to get the man himself in the car, not certain on that. Pretty good bang for buck though, compared to a standard trackday.

I've been working hard on my car and the list only has about 10 items left on it now. I think it's doable, so going to bust my a*** to get to Hampton. If nothing else pops up I should be there. So excited about getting back out on Hampton Downs!

Done
New seat bolted in. Harnesses relocated. Steering wheel extension and column in. P/S removed, steering rack modified and back in. ABS removed. 2 of 4 new brake lines run. Plates made for new pedal box. Pedal box in. Brake fluid reservoirs mounted. Bonnet pins mounted and cable removed. Windscreen wiper motor relocated and modified to single action. Brake bias adjuster mounted. 2/4 doors cut out and plastic windows added. Fireproof kit and new helmet purchased.

To do
Run remaining brake lines. Plumb, flush and bleed brakes. Replace CV joint. Replace radiator. Extend wiring/make spacers to relocate switches. Have custom clutch cable made. Retune/adjust base map to fix fueling issue. If I get time fix some issues like lack of brakes and replace an engine mount or 2.

If my car ever runs again 105, I'll hit you up and we'll go and do a trackday of some sorts. In the weekend was a driver training day, and from what I could see, for only $230 you got a day on the track with some schooling on how to no be a n00b (race driver training), along with a track outing with Paul Radisich sitting beside you - it may have cost more to get the man himself in the car, not certain on that. Pretty good bang for buck though, compared to a standard trackday.

I've been working hard on my car and the list only has about 10 items left on it now. I think it's doable, so going to bust my a*** to get to Hampton. If nothing else pops up I should be there. So excited about getting back out on Hampton Downs!

Done

New seat bolted in. Harnesses relocated. Steering wheel extension and column in. P/S removed, steering rack modified and back in. ABS removed. 2 of 4 new brake lines run. Plates made for new pedal box. Pedal box in. Brake fluid reservoirs mounted. Bonnet pins mounted and cable removed. Windscreen wiper motor relocated and modified to single action. Brake bias adjuster mounted. 2/4 doors cut out and plastic windows added. Fireproof kit and new helmet purchased.

To do

Run remaining brake lines. Plumb, flush and bleed brakes. Replace CV joint. Replace radiator. Extend wiring/make spacers to relocate switches. Have custom clutch cable made. Retune/adjust base map to fix fueling issue. If I get time fix some issues like lack of brakes and replace an engine mount or 2.

Have you booked a spot with Campbell??? I have and my car has just sat in the shed since last event  :( Then you will get finished for sure would be great to seen you there