Shakotom's 1979 HZ Kingswood

Shakotom

Honestly though Ive really done all I can to this thing and am quite happy with the way it looks

Anything more from here would require a lot more body work to be done to get it how id want it. Eg remove rear windows and straighten it out before paint.

And that's sort of out of my area of expertise which means I have to pay someone $$$ to fix it

I really wish I could keep it, because changing the wheels back to standard steels actually made this thing so much more fun to drive.

I put almost 200km on it yesterday aimlessly driving through the twistes out piha way and cruising through town in it and it actually wasn't a chore to drive. It was fun!

I regret to say I don't think I'll be able to do this thing the justice it deserves and don't really have the time to have 3 full blown project cars on the go. Unfortunately yes it's up for sale. I need to free up some space at home to keep the parents happy and some cash to drop on something else Thats gonna replace the daily.

Fuck. I'm weak. I'm gonna regret selling it. I already do

I'm not really gonna try too hard though, and I'm not gonna part with it unless I get exactly what I'm after for it. Price on the window at kumeu is no longer relevant because I've got more bits to put back on it, work will be done

Unless someone wants to buy a HZ ute, rusty v12 jag, ae92 Corolla, a hz ute chassis that needs a little rust done, or a HiLux (once it runs)?

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, a long time ago, I drove round for a couple of months in a HZ ute with one of those Trans Am fronts on it. The car was a plumbers ute with standard steel wheels, hub caps and LPG with 202 and auto. It need lowering, big wheels and a V8. The Trans Am front got taken off by the next owner and put back to HZ.

The front on trade me is for HJ-HZ, it won't line up on an HQ, bonnet and guards are the wrong shape.

• 2 weeks later...

So regretfully with the purchase of my dream car, This things up for sale.

Asking price is $8500 ono

Its warranted and registered

I don't really want to sell it but I just haven't got the time or spare funds to have as many long term projects as I do

Oh and the Utility is up for sale as-well for $2500ono. (reg on hold)

I've got a new chassis for it that doesn't have rust in it. It will be re assembled on to that as a roller and will include the 202 and 2x 4 speed gear boxes.

I know if i was gonna keep it it would need drivers floor pan and a small patch in the left hand floor as-well

Also the other original chassis can be included via negations 

man-crying.png

• Like 1