Whats chch like at the moment?

coldturkey

So long story short, I have a pretty solid opportunity to move to the garden city in roughly a couple of months.

I know the roads are currently crap, the rental property situation is currently crap, and the city itself isnt in the best of shape.

Financially, it doesnt make sense to move, but the isolation and weather of Invercargill will eventually wear me down.

Being that I know pretty much nobody that lives there, I was after some feedback and opinions on how much some of you guys enjoy living in chch.

I would be working out at the new Darfield dairy factory, but would most likely try to live somewhere on the western outskirts of the city.

Out west is fine as far as living goes. Largely unaffected by the quakes so that's not much of a big deal. Rental will be a stretch, but if you're just going to join an existing flat, it won't be as bad. I'm sure you'll meet a lot of the locals if you go to a meet (a lot of which live in seem to live out west). Still yet to do that myself, but one day it will happen/i'll have something OS to use.

Hornby would be roughly in the right location (Yaldhurst would be even better).

And I do enjoy a good datsun.

Hmm, would probably look to flat somewhere for a while (untill the missus sorted her shit out and moved up), but eventually would want to rent a place. Get way too accustomed to having a place to yourself to walk around naked in.

• Like 1

CHCH is home to me.

It aint that bad here. Anywhere is okay to live really. But I'd steer clear of state house riddled ghettos. Funny thing bout chch is it's never far from a nice part to a shithole.

Plus we're the datsun capital. Bring your goon, and join us! And if you get sick of dairy, you can get a job as an [insert trade or chioce] pretty easy.

FUCK YOU LAWRENCE!

:D

Was waiting for you to pop up in this thread :P

Don't worry, at this stage the odds are slightly in 'staying in Invercargill' s' favour. I'm actually working up at the Darfield factory. The job would be a lot more demanding then my current one, for the exact same pay.