ilikefire's CM Valiant

Mr.Mk1

choice val!

yeah run the dishy/narrow wheels on the rear, others on the front.

see cars every now and again with widened rims on the back and same tires all round.. stretches the rear tire more and makes it look like you put skinnies on the back and fats on the front, even with the added dish at rear.

i love those steels, such a rad design and they look wide, even in stock form.

The rusty Plenium floor is the HIV, and in some cases the ful blown AIDS for the mighty and venerable Valiant. I megt a bloke with an E49 that went good, but could have easily benifited from a $20K bare metal resto. The owner covered the heater intake with wide black insulation tape during winter. (The heater cowl was black anyway, having the R/T warpaint))

Thanks for that guys, im getting there, just sorting out the best plan of attack. another question for the valiant gurus out there, I want to convert to floor change manual using factory valiant gears, I have a 3 speed from my VH thats in good nick. To convert my CM to manual can I use the existing CM drive shaft?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys Im doing the conversion but ive hit a hiccup, ive cut the whole in the tunnel for the lever to come out but part of the base of the lever doesnt come through which means I need to make the whole bigger in order for the lever to come through properly which means I now won't be able to use an original gear lever boot, does anyone know if you can get aftermarket gear shifter boots that are bigger? and where from?