1ggte into gx71 problems!!!!

Mitch.W

soo i just went to put my 1ggte into my gx71 it has a front sump, w55 and the gx71 is sanderd 1geu auto..

the engine mounts line up mint! just i cant get it low enough as the sump sits on the sway bar.

anyone know why this is?

or how to get past this problem?

mabe a customized swaybar?

you can see in this first picture the engine mount gap and the sump sitting on the swaybar..

img0290ys.jpgimg0289ng.jpgimg0287mu.jpg

chea, sweet as man ill change it over tomorrow night and slap it in again. just figured out that intercooler pipes are going to be nice an short, do you HAVE to have a bonnet latch as its in the way of my intercooler and i took it out and was just going to run these. dont like them that much but the solve all my problems

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/other/auction-528843462.htm

Could you just space the sway bar down a bit to allow enough clearance to the sump? Maybe unbolt the sway bar, drop the engine down and see how ugly spacer mounts would look. This is done lots on conversions. Even a custom sway bar would only be about $300, or finally you could just find a sway bar from another vehicle that drops down in the middle to allow clearance to the sump and use that.

• 4 weeks later...

I would avoid using anything but the winged sump if you can help it. I know of 2 1GGTES running bearings whilst under hard cornering/swinging donuts. He is adament that it starved the bearings of oil both times and has since run a winged sump with no issues.

Kind of makes sense in my mind, why would Toyota have made such a huge sump for the 1GGTE compared to the 1GGEU. It takes about 2 more litres of oil than the standard sumps.

EDIT:

I got a winged sump for my 1GGTE, you will need the front sump version and AFAIK the Supra sumps are not front, they are middle or rear. My front sump came from a factory 1GGTE GX8x Mark II. Apparantly front winged sumps are rediculously hard to find. I would try finding one first as it will all just slot straight in without any mods.

Yeah I definitely wouldnt lose a baffled sump for a crappy pressed single piece pan.

About 10 zillion early 3S engines have died thanks to something similar.

I'd see if there are different swaybars... I know that for the 4cyl cars, the 4AGE models have a swaybar with more clearance for the engine, perhaps 1GGTE cars or whatever had the same thing.