Matt's hairdresser spec Mazda of lame.

mjrstar

Subframe out and cleaned its in pretty good nick so I don't think I will bother painting it..

20131020_125045_zpsd1d20d78.jpg

Cracked on clearing out the engine bay. .

20131020_165556_zps6b3342a1.jpg

Also Trimmed out some more of the excess wiring. I may have gotten over keen and dominated the horn wires.. ha

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time the car has been on the ground (well half on the ground) in over 10 months..

20131022_180012_zps2d089143.jpg

cleaned the remainder of the grime from the underside / trans tunnel and engine bay.. Plan is to obtain some paint and get the front inner guards and engine bay back to one colour..

It is also clear that my original concerns about excessive -ve  camber on the rear were not unfounded, so I guess some adjustments to upper arm lengh will need to occur

still need to decide on colour choice so if you have any inspiration for me suggest away

Have not measured or even set-up the factory camber bolts but eyecrometer would suggest in the region of -5 degrees as it sits at the moment..Gut feel is I should be able to mod the top arms by slotting the holes then welding on some washers (and hopefully pull in the bottom camber bolts) to get it nearer to the -1.5 desired.

Slowly getting the engine bay back together.. the rest of the painting will wait until i have sorted the cage and any other cutting /welding that needs to take place..

20131028_160408_zps1216c655.jpg

Also cleaned up and under sealed the front wheelarches looks pretty tidy now..

I trimmed the last of the guards to suit the flares,  found a bit of bog in the lip of the guard but ended up chopping most of that out.

Still working on the wiring which I have a major dislike for...

20131028_160446_zpsefb5d99b.jpg

• Like 2

I don't think you want me to do that -painting outside with a tiny direct drive air compressor, no regulator or water trap, a 15 year old suction gun with busted pressure adjustment - coupled with the fact I have no idea what i'm doing could lead to some pretty lacklustre/disasterous results..

• Like 1

Just about over the nasty mods which had been made to the wiring.. the majority has ended up here:

wiring_zps564ad994.jpg

still mulling over this pop-up delete,  as to exactly how the headlights will come together, i'm thinking they may be too low to be legit if i use the par/indicator holes...

bwmazda_zps5eeb39de.jpg

On the look-out for compact stand-alone LED headlights.