• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi Jess

Thank you for your application to have the Kawasaki A7 added to the approved LAMS list.

With a power to weight ratio of 129Kw per tonne, I am pleased to say this bike will be added to the approved list at the next scheduled update.

Once again thank you for contacting the NZTA

Regards

Swapped the split and generally grotty old fork gaiters for some sweet NOS numbers from ebay this weekend. Once the new front brake cable turns up then it'll be ready for a trip down to VTNZ and hopefully come back with a fresh (classic!) rego and wof. Excitement!

20121022133719small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Righto so I rode this up to the Leadfoot cruise a few weekends ago. Richie took some sweet pics, thanks Richie!

8152543972_562ba74782_c.jpg

IMG_2784 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

8152969283_31177d685d_c.jpg

IMG_2821 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Then on the way home about an hour from Taupo one of the exhaust headers decided that it didn't really like being attached anymore. The locknut clamping the header on decided to make a break for the tarseal, cue millions of decibels, farm animals running away and even worse fuel economy.

M3gsE.jpg

gu5Wq.jpg

A full new set of decals has also just turned up so I'm going to whip of the fuel tank, oil tank and side cover and get them tidied up and repainted before throwing them on. Exciting stuff.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fixed some shit last night: the indicator switch works, the horn works and the battery doesn't flop around and short itself out on the frame! Tank & side covers are at panel beaters. He found a shit load of rust pin holes in the tank :x so they have been welded up now. Will run a POR15 tank seal kit through before it gets any colour and the new decals on it.

Photo with the tank & covers off:

2z5q7g9.jpg

Got side cover & oil tank back from paint, top notch work! They have been painted in white with a few licks of sliver & blue pearl. You don't really notice it until the light hits just right then this awesome little sparkle pops out. Dreamy. Old mate wants to wait a couple weeks for them to harden & cure properly then it will be sticker time, followed by a few more coats of clear to seal them in.

Booked in for a re-vin on Tuesday morning, fingers crossed that there will be enough evidence to prove that it has in fact been registered in NZ before.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alfalfa

Right, updates are worthless without pictures!

jgntqf.jpg

This weekend I put the POR15 tank seal kit through, should have seen the sludge that ran out of it! 40 years of hardened fuel resin, gum and rust haha. Looks real nice in there now. Because of this I found that the little balance outlets were pretty much blocked up solid on both sides, so now I should be able to use the entire tank, not just one side. Should be worth another 40-50km I hope!

Lowered the front guard, then I had bad thoughts about building a cafe seat. So I took the rear guard and seat off and oohwee I like how it looks. I might have a go at shaping a plug out of polystyrene this week, then lay some glass over the top if it looks any good. Exciting stuff.

• Like 1