Thriller's Kawasaki A7 B Avenger

alfalfa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alfalfa

Clubmans arrived yesterday so I threw them on. Keen to hear thoughts on positioning and angle and all that jazz. They are adjustable (aww yee) so at the moment I've got them somewhere between horizontal and penpendicular to the forks.

I flipped the clock bracket and bolted it to the underside of the top triple tree. Lowered the clocks by probably 50-60mm, now they are pretty much level with the bar clamps and steering damper knob. Perfect!

30xkd2q.jpg

I've also started making a cafe seat & tail. So far have I a ply base roughly cut out. Got some florist foam for getting the rounded shapes all nice then I'll glass right over the top of that. Then a skim of bog then off to paint. I've got a few ideas for colours and stripes etc but I'm going to keep those to myself for now...

Haven't got any further with getting it back legally on the road though. Have any of you other kerns been through this? Because there are no records at all of the chassis number or anything in the system its proving to be a pain in the ass. VTNZ Taupo seem to be pretty useless as well.

Guest alfalfa

More update! More progress! More photo!

Last night I trimmed some more off the sides of the ply seat base and shaped up the backrest. Think I got the angle & shape pretty good, keen to hear thoughts though.

262ppqd.jpg

23safrm.jpg

Then it was time for the bulk foam! This bit was pretty fun actually. The florist foam is super soft and easy to work with which makes it nice but also means its probably going to be easy to muck it up when I'm shaping the tail section. Will just have to go super slow and take veeeery small cuts each time.

30rlds0.jpg

s6smyc.jpg

5xqxph.jpg

Guest Vintage Grumble

Looking good chap! Just make sure the seat padding butts up against the tank, I hate it when the tank bolt shows infront of the seat, haha.

• Like 1

Guest alfalfa

Sure fuckin does! The ton comes up pretty quick. I haven't pushed it to VMAX so far but i don't think it would quite get to 200. Speaking of seat padding, reckon you could get me some of the same foam you got for rookie's bobber seat? I'll PM you a measurement.

Looking good man.

Are you just going to fiberglass over the foam then bog the fiberglass smooth?

Or are you going to make a mould etc.

Glad you went single seat.

Make it look as tough as nails.

Guest Vintage Grumble

Yeh boss, should be able to get ya'll some foam. I'm wondering if 31hp will be enough for a fatty like me, I think it should do.

Guest alfalfa

I'm just going to do it as a one off for now. Will throw the glass straight on top of the foam then bog it up and sand it afterwards. Glassing supplies are on the way, will be into that next week. Think I should do foam on the back as well or just the seat bottom? I'm not convinced either way, help me decide. Im going to paint the tail the same white as the other panels. Seat foam will be dark grey/black

31hp should be fine. You wont break any records but it should sit at 100kph alright

^This.

As fo seat. Get it done and painted first. Then mockup with base and back, and base only. It could be 50/50. Sometimes it looks boss with base only sometimes it looks like it missing. Depends on the whole package...

Tite.

Guest Toucan

Personally like cafe seats that curve up to the back rather than the a single angle like you have there.

Padded back for sure so you can move around on it an not cramp on long rides.

Looking shiwsh!