mid 90s corona wont start

felixx

check for spark when you wind it over the crank angle sensor goes as well as the igniter pack meaning no go usually both at same time my father in law has a couple of Coronas. i also had one for a while best way to check is to get another corona and swap components over till you can give the fault to the healthy car. thats if the cambelt is intact.

Celica, Rav4, a host of other oddities. Basically anything that has S at the front of the chassis code will have some form of 3S.

They're non interference motors, so if it has just snapped a cambelt then its not really a biggy. Sub 4 hours work to do one at home on axle stands kinda deal.

definitely sounds like snapped cambelt with the engine winding over so quick with no compression. Orange check engine light is normal to be on until the engine has started. Have you not owned any car (that's fuel injected) less than 20-25 years old?

I am reluctant to rip shiz off a mates car (that turns out it is actually on 'loan' off his samoan dad who wants the car fixed) to check stuff.

However samoan dads mate is coming to check it out.

Open the oil cap and see if you can see the camshaft or rocker gear .

Get someone to turn the car over and look for moving parts down the hole/

Or pop the distributor cap off and get someone to turn it over.

This is how you check. But TBH I wouldn't touch a thing. Last thing you want is to be accused of fiddling with things and causing damage. Not that you will by doing the above. But i'd just walk away and let them take it away and deal with it.