flyingbrick became a bogan

flyingbrick

so, bought this on tm for cheap. its a 1993 eb2 falcon. was gonna sell but it's just too nice. parts are cheap and its the cheapest/ most comfortable daily iv ever had.

underline cheap. I bought the mrs an 01 Stagea which we use for going places together so this can be as shit as I want.

I fitted a sweet radio because it had none. no sound came out so checked and double checked wiring. found a shorted speaker in the back... cut wires to it and whalla! sweet tunes.

I found some extractors for $130 wrapped in glass. fitted those and was disappointed during low speed rest drive. plugged in the 02 sensor and have taken it to work a few times- there is deff more power up top but I need to do zorst to get the most from it obviously.

just bought lowering springs, a diff and a tq converter from the same wrecker as the manufold. the diff is 3.23 ratio to replace my 3.08. I want to get it off the line a bit faster.

plan asside from that is cheap exhaust and then a cam grunt from Franklin- they will do me a road race grind for $170. win.

basically go nuts when I have nothing to play with when home so am making my daily a project untill I get something more fun

547345_3876338741601_185303609_n.jpg

582635_3876338581597_2035159856_n.jpg

298758_3876338421593_1275764592_n.jpg

417491_3876338981607_165952828_n.jpg

539007_3893918821092_841744424_n.jpg

Sorry.. had to post prematurely. fixed now :-)

so, I flogged a rig welder from work and stopped in at coby on the way home. they sold me some exhaust tube, bends, flanges, gaskets, a muffler and a mandrel bent pre formed section which goes over the diff and turns to avoid the gas tank. coby has a full bolt in system for 820$.... iv spent 370 on the bits and end up with the same thing at the end, woo.

the coby guy confirmed that my headers are made by pacesetter and that I will gain approx 15kw from the upgrade! not bad at all.

for the record- coby has folders full of before and after dyno runs for their exhausts- pretty interesting!

these things go pretty good, a mate of mine had a manual one with similar mods to what you are doing and it hauled ass. one thing to check is the throttle cable, the outer goes hard and falls to bits on top of the rocker cover and the throttle doesnt open 100%

finished the exhaust today. pretty proud of my first attempt. do harder things at work errday but rarely make time for my own shit.

super gay as I forgot to buy any steel bends so did the whole thing by notching and kinking the tube ( lobster back pipe work was once all the rage wasn't it?)

also added a pod filter, dooort.

certainly sounds great! these are good sounding engines. pics soon even tho nobody cares lol

yeah can't wait to ditch the wheels. those in the photo there would be ideal! if anyone finds any for a nice price let me know!

as far as varying the color- maybe a very light bright silver would be nice- without the purple tint.

holy shit, love the bench seat idea. that would need a cert though? wonder if it would if I just took the middle belts out for a wof.

who knows what modems had the bench?

edit: in the car now. didn't click before- the falcons with bench must have been column shift?