Mac's 88 E-GX81-AEPQF MARK II TC24

Hachi-ichi

So. First day in, Turns out James has mega patience for Toyotas that he hasn't worked on before ha. Bell housing bolts were a C***, getting the Starter free involved lifting the motor off its mounts and having me rock it forward so James could get a socket to it. After that the A/T box coolant lines decided to be  BIT C**ty in terms of removal. So after all that, we get to the spigot. Turns out the ones I was supplied earlier last year are too small and too big (got 2), so tonight i got a part number from ToyoDIY and will get it tomorrow. Because Im rocking a front shift W55, will probbly have to angle grind a little bit off the tunnel but should be no problem.

1 pic sums today up.

602509_629325373752940_894434940_n.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting isn't a big deal imo, I had to cut the Hand brake hole, and that steel is thicker. im running Manual shifter surround so thats not a mssive issue. but in the mean time I just need it in the car and going, funds are literally at 0 at this current time, and im saving for cert. so being a tiny bit rangi is sadly all I can do. :/ 

I had a similar problem in my supra, some knob cut the thread off. I went to pickapart and grabbed a FWD shifter rod. Cut the rod to the required length, then got my old man to bore out the centre of the buggered shifter then we pressed the fwd into the hole. Looked just like a stock one when it was done :)

it's a GZ10 shifter with a sawn off thread. Will hopefully get one put on soon enough. 

If you find something u want welded on i can glue some metal together for you. You are just round the corner arnt you?

First off, forgot to thank you for the use of your floor jack and axle stands! They performed fantastically so thanks :D if you ever need an extra set of hands with the e20, holaa I'm only a wee bit useless hahahahah. And as for driving, it went really well. I h e only driven it once because it was late and the zorst is half off lol. Pining for a much bigger drive now haha.

oh yo, sounds like exactly what I need until I can sort a manual conversion for it. Happens to be a gx81 too so it should bolt right in haha :)

I'll let you know once i've checked the car out, but if i buy it I'll take it provided you still have it.