Rookie's Velobike Build

Rookie

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this reminds me how some old F head bentlys have a clutch thingie in the cam drive that acts kinda like variable valve timing, but the interesting thing is the clutch material is made out of some fancy ducks feathers that cannot be synthetically replicated.

dunno what 00 grease is. is it lithium hi temp stuff? i buy stuff like that for my mower gearboxes and weedeater heads from lawnmower shop. can get all sorts of sizes of bottles not that expensive. maybe like $15 for a normal grease gun sized tube(dunno how much that weighs, maybe its more expensive than ypur 3kg price)

regular old wheel bearing grease seems to work good in the mowers and weedeaters aswel

edit: sae50 you will find in large quantities at any aerodrome. ask the fuel truck guy

Semi-Fluid 00 Synthetic EP Grease is a problem-solving lubricant ideal for leaky gear boxes in industrial and fleet applications and for use in applications that are difficult to service.

It's pretty much a grease designed for British gearboxes haha.

What is the Equivalent to Snapper "#00 grease"?

This goes in the rear transmission case of my LT16 rider. I've seen a blurb or two about an equivalent viscosity being something like gear lube (80W-90 or such) + axle grease, mixed 1:1. I'd like to find out what a spec equivalent is, if one exists, so I can buy/make the stuff w/o having to be tied into a brand-specific material.

Thanks - JayC

shall we buy or mix?

yup yup local classic bike beard has penrite #00 grease, 450g $16.50

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/products/g ... uid_grease

he said (after converting from OS glass milkbottle measurement) about 3/4 of a pint per box. laugh. so pretty much one tube

waiting to hear if repco can get it so i dont have to drive to the hutt. didnt ask for a rego number...zaa?