Cant get my sump plug out. Super Minx.

dave123456789

Hey guys my sump plug is a 6 point 9/16ths and I have nothing here to remove it and I tried repco, partmaster etc and they cant find an allen key that big and the only option was going to cost me $40 to $50 bucks!

Is there anyone close to St Lukes with something like this that will work? I live on St lukes road near the new north road lights.

Had a day off class so bought some nice new oil and a oil filter only to find I cant get the bloody sump plug off.

Lada uses the same dealio. about 60-70% sure its the same size.

i got one, not far from you but wont be home till after 5.30.

you kinda really need an engineering shop. got mine from albany was about $12-15 as a wrech attachment 1/2'' drive

Lada uses the same dealio. about 60-70% sure its the same size.

i got one, not far from you but wont be home till after 5.30

That would be awesome man if you could help. Flick me a text and we will sort something out, I will be here all evening :)

Where did you get your tool from?

027 323 9292

Vice grips work sweet, use thread tape on sump plug and a new washer if poss

I cant get vice grips onto its as its just a plug with a 6 point hole in the middle that screws into a sleeve that sticks out slightly. Nothing to grip onto. Have tried ramming other shit into it but would rather not stuff it as looks like a bitch to find another.

haha yea, havent talked to shane for a bit, he's all GC now haha

He was back here a few months ago which was first time seeing him in a year or so. You use to live in dargs?

Nah, i know him from way back when he used to do his apprenticeship with Tony Matich

true, forgot they suck, my tool here is a larger allen key ground down to suit buts in welly.

Try that garage on Dominion road behind Segedins, they have all sorts of OS tools

they are possibly closed down btw, the servo is now - cant remember if garage is still there or not (I should its just around the corner)

How about a 9/16" bolt head with double lock nuts (possibly welded on) - insert head of bolt into hex and undo..

Dont know why I didnt think of this but it worked mint!! Had to really smash the head of the bolt in there as the hex was already rather munted but successful oil change!

Thanks heaps K Trips.

How about a 9/16" bolt head with double lock nuts (possibly welded on) - insert head of bolt into hex and undo..

As I was reading down the page I was thinking "surely someone would have thought of this..." kk did. you the man kk