Kitchs 1921 Datsun 1200 Coupe

kitch

• 4 months later...

Good work man, engine looks awesomely shiny :D

I noticed you have 30deg of advance at idle, dropping it back might help the idle speed?

I had lots of trouble getting mine to start too, I ended up doubling the cranking PW and it starts like a champ now, I think it's set to about 800 at 15deg up from about 300, try some radical changes and see what happens, also what's your cranking timing set at? should be around 10ish

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Perfect.

Didn't see this until today, you're doing everything perfectly IMO.

Love the attention to detail, and quality of the build.

Looks like the sedan was amazing too!

Is that dynamat product a thinner version than normal?

Quite pricey to do the entire car?

Thanks for the positive comments guys

The Dynamat is the "Superlite" version, which is roughly 30% cheaper & 30% thinner/lighter than std dyanamt extreme

Roughly NZ$300 for 12 sheet pack landed ex Ebay (48 ft2) the first pack did firewall, entire floor area / trans tunnel & boot / wheel well (as pictured).

Just brought a second pack to do under rear seats, inside rear guards, rear beaver panel, rear wheel archs, inside boot lid, and the doors etc.

I got a little carried away with sound deadening, as have spent roughly $1300 on materials. The Blocker layer was expensive, like $200 a sheet or the likes (sheet was 1.2m x 1.5m, and I got 2 of them) it is mass loaded vinyl, over closed cell foam decoupler layer, with fire proof foil layer over. 4kg/m2 from memory so adds a bit of weight to the car, but should make it a comfortable driving experience. Also have some sticky backed 25mm foam sheets to layer inside roof, and inner guards and the likes.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fuck me that sounds soooooooooooooo stupidly awesome! All the hard work surly must pay off in the induction sound alone! 

Out of interest, and im years away from needing one but where did you find your front (grill) datsun badge? Don't think I've seen one in that coloring before and well, as im sure you would know it pretty much is a must have!