Fresh's 1988 Toyota Mark II Grande

Guest Zeb

Yeah I think mine is just off the stub axle but he hasn't touched the cast. Ive got a set of 14x9 steels with 185/55/14 tyres, should be fairly rediculous so we'll see how it turns out. Worst case can always sell them and go for 15's. Could also go for a pair of front ae86 springs cause I think they are 8kg at the front and 6kg in the rear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice car man.

Cert was a general bitch in every aspect. The new camber laws and tyre stretch laws make it hell.

You cant have any camber in the rear so you will need to raise it up to about 120mm or somehow make the rear camber adjustable and wind all the camber out.

Tyres will have to comply with the new chart. So pretty much have to run skinny rims with huge tyres to get them to fit in the guards.

Had to get custom made adaptors for my wheel spacers and rims so they sit snug on the hubs.

Front adjusties had to be crack tested after I got them welded but rear adjusties were sweet. Also having adjusties has been a god send otherwise I would have probably gone through about 10 sets of springs haha.

As for the conversion I had a friend do all the work. Car was factory 1GGEU manual so made the conversion pretty simple. Merged 2x 1GGTEs into one with all the good stuff. Managed to get the winged front sump which sounds like a must as I have heard stories of people running bearings using the factory front sump from their 1Gs.

All 1GGTEs come with a winged sump but most supras are middle or rear I think. Front only came on factory turbo GX sedans.

FMI fitted real nice and snug with some pretty easy mods but had to rip out all the AC.

Only thing that isn't working since conversion is the Tacho (I have Digi Dash). But pretty sure I have figured out how to sort that.

shit that is a pain in the ass... i have like a shit load of camber in the rear (70mm off the ground around 5degrees) i wanted to get it down to 50 or 40mm but that does not sound like its going to happen now.. yeah i was planning on having it in the car and running in about 1 week because its my daily driver. this is seriously annoying kind of putting my off doing anything if i cant get it certed.

Yeah man it was all pretty lame but has been worth it. Mine is about 50mm off the ground and has a shitload of camber, like 5-10 degrees. Even at 100mm it still had like 3 or 4 degrees. Mark II was allowed 0.3-0.75 degrees from memory so yours would be same. If you find a nice wheel alignment person they might be able to do some number tricks for you :D

How are you going about getting the digi tach to work??

Man Im going through cert at the moment and have had to resort to factory wheels and having the rear sitting high lol. As long as my car gets a cert plate I dont mind too much as I will be slamming the car regardless

Hey man, I have made up a Tach Booster as described here.

Scroll down to The Witzls comment, I built one of those. Just need to put it in and see if it works.

And yeah, I had 3degrees of camber at 120mm off the ground. Factory specs are 0.5-0.75 from memory lol.

On a side note, you will need to remove the post from my main thread as don't think you are allowed to post in the project threads.