• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You cant weld them directly to the base or it will fail cert. I got them welded about 15mm up from the base. Hopefully you didn't slide them all the way to the bottom and weld them to the base like the instructions say!! Either way they really don't go low enough. Was pretty gutted. Hopefully a softer spring will sort it though.

Sweet man. There is no way to shorten the struts that I can think of? The threaded part of the shock has oil etc inside so cant shorten that. And if its wound as low as it can go inside the sleeve then theres nothing you can do.

Not sure if yours had TEMS or not but mine did so there is a slight possibility that my shock mounts sit lower down to accommodate the TEMS. Interesting to see hows yours sits when you get them in.

Ah I see. Sorry had a massive brain fart. Yeah now that you mention it il have a look. Can't remember but the guy that welded them know I wanted it slammed as and I'm fairly sure he has cut it so the bottom is hard up against the stub axle. They do some seriously awesome cars so I don't think il be able to get any more out of mine, il post a photo once I get them in. Hopefully slammed as fuck hahaha.

Yeah the bottom can be hard up against the stub axle (I assume this is the part below the left red line on my picture) as long as you dont weld onto the stub axle, the weld has to be done onto the actual strut as mine is or it will fail cert. I imagine my welder just did it 15mm up to make it easier and can probably get it closer to the stub axle if needed, along with getting that whole silver bit removed from the BCs and I should be in the money.

What size wheels and tyres are you running? As my car is in the pictures above the chassis rail at the front is 50mm off the ground haha so cant really go too much lower anyways.