Chuffaneilious Bosotastically mild mark II

chees-

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that you should do things the way you want, but often if given the chance looking back

you'll find that you may wish you had of done 'X' differently or not wasted money on 'Y' part etc.

Its also true that it is kind of part of growing up and learning the ways of cars, but given the opportunity

I'd probably go back and take the advice of (some) well informed individuals that were handing it out.

Most of us are just trying to prevent you from wasting money or doing something that you'll want to change in

future as you knowledge (hopefully) grows, and it turn do the car justice. And also deter you from weak passing

trends, as opposed to sweet styles which will remain, for the most part, timeless.

Get the faux te37v's if you cant wait to save up for genuine old jap wheels. I quite like them even.

Its understandable, Given the issue with genuine jap wheels.

its a pain waitng for the right/well priced set, shipping them, finding out they're

not as mint as you hoped, getting them tidied up and/or widened.

At least with those your getting Brand New wheels that are in the country.

This thread cements the idea of a magazine article I recently read about internt forums etc. flamming new people to do things a certain way. It is quite lol to see it play out in real life, just as it was written.

(also have an intrest in electronic music amoung other genres, my friends make really good liquid DnB,

and i Concurr SKRILLEX is a chump American fag distastefully ruining a Genre of music)

Now Snooze, whats this about not ever rocking HKS or cusco coilovers?!!

I have HKS Hypermax ones in my '34, they seem great,

and I always thought Cusco was the Jap god of suspension?

At least tell me their adjustable arms, sway bars, strut braces etc are good quality!

It is true that you should do things the way you want, but often if given the chance looking back

you'll find that you may wish you had of done 'X' differently or not wasted money on 'Y' part etc.

Its also true that it is kind of part of growing up and learning the ways of cars, but given the opportunity

I'd probably go back and take the advice of (some) well informed individuals that were handing it out.

Most of us are just trying to prevent you from wasting money or doing something that you'll want to change in

future as you knowledge (hopefully) grows, and it turn do the car justice. And also deter you from weak passing

trends, as opposed to sweet styles which will remain, for the most part, timeless.

Get the faux te37v's if you cant wait to save up for genuine old jap wheels. I quite like them even.

Its understandable, Given the issue with genuine jap wheels.

its a pain waitng for the right/well priced set, shipping them, finding out they're

not as mint as you hoped, getting them tidied up and/or widened.

At least with those your getting Brand New wheels that are in the country.

This thread cements the idea of a magazine article I recently read about internt forums etc. flamming new people to do things a certain way. It is quite lol to see it play out in real life, just as it was written.

(also have an intrest in electronic music amoung other genres, my friends make really good liquid DnB,

and i Concurr SKRILLEX is a chump American fag distastefully ruining a Genre of music)

Now Snooze, whats this about not ever rocking HKS or cusco coilovers?!!

I have HKS Hypermax ones in my '34, they seem great,

and I always thought Cusco was the Jap god of suspension?

At least tell me their adjustable arms, sway bars, strut braces etc are good quality!

Cheers man,

I currently saving up for and set of 15x8 and 15x9-inch wheels a brand new set of Gold AE86 BC coil overs a full set of wheel spacers (If the wheels are in the guards) and a cert.

Decent 4" speaker will fit in behind the factory grilles fine, just gotta make up a little bracket.

Car looks fadtastic.

Got some toyota estima front speakers in the front now (Toke them out of our old de-registered one) surprizingly they went in easy and go really sweet.

And yes 6x9's was a stupid thing to say, It was just my very imature head processing the one of a million of stupid things going on in there to my finger tips, which in turn typed it down. Hahahaha. (Shortened version im a Pinhead, hahaha.)

• 2 months later...
//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=793564#p793564

Hey man.

Great use of some fresh trends those stickers really make your quarter window pop! I quite enjoy dubstep myself so I'm really keen to know the tricks that make a car stereo best suited to listening to it. My application will be slightly different, being a Datsun, I'm not so sure how well dubstep will work in the different cabin space and dynamics offered by the different manufacturers.

Keep it up!

Cheers man. Im going to get rid of the stickers on the side windows and get some more and do a better good of the sticker bombing mainly some TEQ (to-yo-da) stickers ae.

//oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=793564#p793564

Hey man.

Great use of some fresh trends those stickers really make your quarter window pop! I quite enjoy dubstep myself so I'm really keen to know the tricks that make a car stereo best suited to listening to it. My application will be slightly different, being a Datsun, I'm not so sure how well dubstep will work in the different cabin space and dynamics offered by the different manufacturers.

Keep it up!

Cheers man. Im going to get rid of the stickers on the side windows and get some more and do a better good of the sticker bombing mainly some TEQ (to-yo-da) stickers ae.

lol

^ thank fuck, was thinking you were going for the record of following the most clapped out gay fads on one car.

10 points for removing gay, gay stickers oh and +1 for just getting rip off wheels, "JDM YO" wheels are such a rip imo

Lol. Im gooing to widen the standard steelies have allready ae. 14x6's to 14x10's. LOL.

^ thank fuck, was thinking you were going for the record of following the most clapped out gay fads on one car.

10 points for removing gay, gay stickers oh and +1 for just getting rip off wheels, "JDM YO" wheels are such a rip imo

Gave up caring about anything this post had to say after referring to anything you dislike as 'gay', thankfully. Wow.

1 : if the company is elite, dont expect much, biggest bunch of useless wankers iv delt with.

2 : how is sticker bombing anything but "gay"

3 : iv yet to hear a valid argument that the JDM wheels are worth it, bar the "they are real/gotta have JDM/the others are just copies etcetc" Id much rather pay $250 a wheel for a 15x9 -10 that is readily available / replaceable and from any more that 5m away looks exactly like the original. Dont get me wrong tho if i could get a 15x9-10 for the price of a new set of rotas etc id pick the "real" one every time, but in reality that will never happen.

sure 10s will fit? i'd be looking at 8-9s? just wondering

Yeah 10's for sure. I may be buying some widened steels at the moment of a mate ae I think their 14x8's ae, should be good though.

All im going to do is just roll the guards alittle, camber them slightly and lower it so it doesnt look like a monster truck but it isnt impractical but it will have like 5mm-10mm between the tyre and guard.

What im planing on doing is get the standard steelies widened from 14x6's to 14x10's and then paint them either Blood red , dark blue, silver or gun metal grey, Then get some standard hub caps off a mate and cut the lip off so that they will fit to the very back of the wheel so its touching the centreand run them when i want to.

• 3 months later...

Sounds like you can take these lame motherfuckers' attempts at criticism pretty well, so just do what you want - You're young, have some fun and learn some shit, make your car look/be the way you want.

If I could impart one part of wisdom that might be of objective use, it's take your project thread down/stop updating and do your stuff to your car in your way. Sure, use the net and reference as you see fit to emerging trends etc, but leaving something as subjective as your own adoption of style open seems counter-intuitive.

• Like 1