Chuffaneilious Bosotastically mild mark II

chees-

the grill is awesome on that thing i want it..... genuine jap wheels are expensive but they can make an break a car in my opinion and in the end you get what you pay for.

good luck your only young you'll figure it out.....i can say this sort of thing at 29

Yeah. I was thinking about just putting 15x9 TE37V's you can pick them up off trade me for $999 because I have seen some old school cars on the web rocking them and they look pretty sick ae.

Or im just going to get some SSR MKII's or MK's off Yahoo.jp.

I would want to see what people think about this so if you are totally against this don't hesitate to voice your opinion... Nicely tho.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about the sarcasm etc also dude (Chuffaneilious) it's all just part of the lols on this here forum.

Just keep an eye on shit that looks good on here (both in projects and in pic threads) and mould your car to how you see suit, and don't fucking worry about labelling it "xxxxxxx" style or whatever... just a recipe for online hilarity.

I've looked at some peoples pics and was just blown away at how good they look and this has inspiried me to do some things like this but my own way.

Word to the wise - the Trademe TE37V's are knock off's.

Yeah but they look ok and are in nz. So i take it you don't like them??

offset is all wrong. seriously you need wide as fuck, neg offset wheels

they work on ke70s because they don't need such a wide wheel

fakes are crap quality

A lot of us are grumpy old men (I'm 26 going on 67) who like simple and/or well engineered/planned modifications/ideas etc.

Don't throw your toys when someone says opposite to something you enjoy and you will go far here - it's all rather lighthearted banter anyway. If you get the piss taken out of you just laugh and carry on.

I am going to follow a certain sandwich technique whereby I will offer you something positive, something to work on, followed by something positive.

GX61 is a wicked base to start from, there are some fine examples lurking here, check out ryanfels build thread for inspiration/ideas (/put a 2jz no shit in it)

I shed a tear for your dash now that you have screwed those guages in, suggest trying to find a good dash to put in for when you get bored of them (also suggest making any soundz installation removable so you can take it out for track days etc which you will eventually also want to attend no doubt)

Sweet wheels can be found on Yahoo japan, there is a chap by the name of Ewan from hayatonka.com who is a kiwi in japan who can place bids on your behalf, he takes a cut and then ships them over...they will cost you an arm and a leg whether in NZ or Jap though, a cheaper option for some wide wheels would be some diamond racing type wheels - a set can be picked up for less than 1k I believe.

You don't need to shed anymore tears over the dash, I am currently selling the gauges (they are taken off the dash) and am looking at buying a new dash (That doesn't have half as many cracks and inperfections on it) for replacing the one i have fitted in the car at the moment.

fakes are crap quality

What kind of wheels do you suggest then?? I want someone who knows what they are talking about to stair me in the right direction.

Im looking for some SSR MKII's and they mainly have 13 inch's on Yahoo.jp and im after 14 or 15 inch ones.

Can anyone please put me in the right direction of where to find some?? This would be Greatly appreciated.

they're rare its hard to find them, you've gotta be patient. but SSRs are definitely what you should be looking for, around 14x8-9", 0 to -15ish offsets

ask zeb he's the wheel whore

Im wanting to know how people are lowering theirs because all theirs look (Sick) also some are using cutties others BC coil overs and others are using good old kiwi edgenuity.

I got in contact with a dude on trade me and he quoted me $590 for a new set of springs as low as I want them to be, All I have to do is send him one of my front and rear standard springs and the height take the standards are when under the weight of the car and he will make me a full custom set. All il have to do after that is shorten the shocks and get it certed because of the height of the car when the springs are in. (Because I want to get the car around 60mm-80mm off the ground)

And I was just wondering what other people have done to lower their cars and what they think about my idea. All comments appreciated.

Im looking for some SSR MKII's and they mainly have 13 inch's on Yahoo.jp and im after 14 or 15 inch ones.

Can anyone please put me in the right direction of where to find some?? This would be Greatly appreciated.

they're rare its hard to find them, you've gotta be patient. but SSRs are definitely what you should be looking for, around 14x8-9", 0 to -15ish offsets

ask zeb he's the wheel whore

Thanks for the head start. Ohh and I will have to be patient because Im only 16 and am going to polytech so money isn't flow out the warrzoo at the moment. (Wish it was tho)

fakes are crap quality

@ chees-

Dude I think you should check your posts sometimes because A) you are carrying on like a real wanker, and B) the knock off TE37's seem to work quite well on a variety of cars size wise.

Can't comment on the quality of those particular ones, but I had a set of Rota Slipstream (Regamaster copies) and smashed the shit out of them on the track and many a potholed windy backroad with my DC2R and they never missed a beat.

I suggest you get some real world experience with things before you begin preaching.

@ Chuff

I don't dislike em, just don't parade em round and claim they're real :) If you like the look then slam em on, I think a set in bronze would be ideal.

@ chees-

Dude I think you should check your posts sometimes because A) you are carrying on like a real wanker, and B) the knock off TE37's seem to work quite well on a variety of cars size wise.

Can't comment on the quality of those particular ones, but I had a set of Rota Slipstream (Regamaster copies) and smashed the shit out of them on the track and many a potholed windy backroad with my DC2R and they never missed a beat.

I suggest you get some real world experience with things before you begin preaching.

A) hahaahahahaha yes agreed will refrain from being a cunt, B)on a gx61? you shitting me?

IMG_14841.jpg

look fine on a ke70 but there's no where near enough dish to fill out the gx61s guards, someone please prove me wrong

http://coupekiwi.com/2011/11/21/fake-debate/ secondly i will never support someone buying fakes. they destroy original manufacturers who put money time and effort into developing their wheels. and are generally worse quality(although not always)

and yep i will, although i've seen the effects of crap quality and shitty jobs first hand. it can be scary

Totally different wheel, that's a normal TE37 not a TE37V.

Consider yourself enlightened.

I've seen just as many "genuine" products destroy themselves as I have fakes? This is why for example, I'd never ever use a set of HKS or Cusco coilovers, but this is a debate best left for other areas.

Will you ever buy genuine then, to support the manufacturers? I bet you won't. I bet you'll buy genuine wheels, but in 2nd hand form, so not supporting the manufacturer in any way at all. You're taking the moral high ground because it's what "the cool guys" do. With reference to Simons article, all due respect to him but each of those sensationalist photos are absolutely useless without knowledge of any sort of context.

In closing - your Sprinter had Advanti Takeshi's on it.

That is all, ka kite ano.

haha we shouldn't really do this on this thread so i'll be short

a)shit did not know that, although still feel te37v's wouldn't look right(own opinion so doesn't mean shit)

b)hence why i said not always

buying second hand may not directly support the manufacturer but it does in the long run, allowing them to have a majority of the market, because the person who originally brought the wheels are more likely to buy genuine so if you buy off them they are likely to buy genuine wheels again. so no i disagree with that you

i have always brought genuine, and have had huge debates over this since i started skating 3 years ago, (bad quality products are far inferior in skating) so no i'm not doing the cool thing,

yes they came with it and i hated the shit out of them, fact was they had good tires and i couldn't afford better. tbh i regret 90% of the stuff i didn't do to it

and i also hate the shit wheels i have on the shuttle atm but can't afford better either

PWNT

yup lol

fakes are crap quality

@ chees-

@ Chuff

I don't dislike em, just don't parade em round and claim they're real :) If you like the look then slam em on, I think a set in bronze would be ideal.

Taking all of what you have said on board and am greatly thankful for it.

And if im coming over to people that Im a wanker, sorry because Im not trying to be, I just want some real guidence because im really new to this and don't want to have to re-do things over because they were a cock up and or i stuffed them up because of not having any advice or guidence along the way.

Taking all of what you have said on board and am greatly thankful for it.

And if im coming over to people that Im a wanker, sorry because Im not trying to be, I just want some real guidence because im really new to this and don't want to have to re-do things over because they were a cock up and or i stuffed them up because of not having any advice or guidence along the way.

haha he was talking to me not you :wink: