beavers trump wag discussion

Beaver

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just something to go in the centre hole as they looks silly at the moment. was thinking of some shallow bullets but dunno.

negative on rust party this weekend, got flatmates bday partay.

also not sure if I want to enter the realm of rust work just yet as I know there is a shit load of it hidden under bog and cant be bothered dealing with it at the mo. will just fix up the fucked guard and wait until I fail wof/half the car falls off.

same reason widened steels, because racecar.

you will find the back guards are the same as Mk1's and repair panels are cheap as from the gc's at Rimmer Bro's

would highly recommend having used said panels on similar rusty boat anchor Triumph

:)

fitted oil filter adaptor yet?

its the front guards that are rusty,has a hole it.

I went to put in on the other day/sunday, but the bolt was waaaay too long. will go bolt hunting on saturday morning and see if I can find the right length/will probably have forgotten by then.

oh in that case, plastic race flares/oil cooler on chin spoiler.

Bolt should be the right one, it was as removed from a 2000 motor, maybe 2.5, should be the same?

will be a 3/8 unc bolt anyways from memory, will do wonders for your oil pressure. Remember that long winded debate?

it fits (ie is correct thread), but you run out of thread (there is only 3/4 -1 inch worth of thread) before the head actually touches the filter adaptor so when the bolt is tight the housing is floppy as a limp dick.

• 3 weeks later...

does that mean removing it? or just hose on one end, pipe on the other exiting the car spec?

it doesnt get hot at all aye, the hottest has been half way on the gauge, normally sits about 1/4. new thermostat didnt change that. but yes, emergancy heat escape and warm feet will be nice.

everything is in need of more dish lol. but yes I agree.

however, triumph design department did not allow for more dish. as it is, there is only a weeny bit of clearance at the back. the square guard line is not big wheel friendly.