Prozacs antidepressant - starion

felixx

Slick Inter cooler setup, makes me feel kinda dirty for using an OLD vr4 core when yours looks so clean

Fuck it man, if it works, it works :). But I'm sure you could find a nice spot for a sweet 550x230 one in yours, we've got to have similar dimensions going on down the front end?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex - Just remember that I'm good with cars, you know, doof doof.

That might not make any sense to you, as you were probably in England-land at the time ;).

Nup- me not know that one? Enlighten me...

found it!

lt3IjL8t414

Tried fitting a factory center exhaust section to replace the destroyed one, but the read half of my exhaust has been played with before, so there is about a 2" gap. Will sort something out though.

Got the motor out and the rest of the parts I wanted to keep removed from the Galant today, will get it taken away tomorrow and give the garage a damn good cleaning.

• 2 months later...

Nah, the bolt pattern isn't symmetric along that axis. I thought about making a spacer plate to turn it, but there are water and air passages involved so it got put in the 'too hard' basket for the moment. These are just some quick dirty mods to see what I can get out of the SOHC TBI setup in the meantime. I made the cooler piping to it's easy to modify for the MPI setup when it gets a DOHC motor.

how much do you think complete gsr ex lancer sohc 4g63t engine,gbox,loom,ecu would be worth if i was to sell one

Is it a g63bt, or a g62bt? If it's from an EX lancer, its probably the 62, as it'll be an 1.8L? I dunno man, it would all depend on finding the right buyer. If it's complete, has the older style 'mikuni' embossed intake manifold, and the big square air flow meter, you could probably ask around $1200 from someone that was putting a factory EX lancer back together, provided the engine is in good nick.

Quite often the EX motors have been swapped out for Starion ones like mine, these really arent worth much I don't reckon, maybe $700 if its in good running condition.

Gearbox is interesting, as it should be the stronger KM132 box, but with the shorter extension housing for the Lancer body. You could probably ask around $350 for that.

I dunno though man, I'm not an expert on selling shit, usually just getting rid of crap is more valuable to me than massive gobs of money, so I sell shit cheap to make sure it moves. Also remember that trademe is just FULL of fucking dickheads, you'll get fucked around no-end selling this kind of shit on there usually.

• 3 weeks later...
I had a Starion back in teh day for a while, you can get quite a bit out of them :P

Eeeeexcellent :) Good to know :). I'd like to to keep up with DJZ's R30... but I'm not sure of my chances there, that thing is pretty quick.

Hahaha taking on the mighty FJ is not an easily won battle :P

Yeah. I reckon one of my old Starions would have given it a run up to around 80, but the r30 really seems to get some legs after that and just keeps going. Will be very interesting to see what this thing goes like with a better flowing turbo and a couple of computer tweaks... Can't get much more fuelling out of the standard setup though... Gonna give it a bloody god shot though :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have spent a good chunk of this evening figuring out how to wire in this chipped EVO IV ECU I've got, it's all looking pretty good so far. Next majour hurdles will be figuring out where all the maps are stored in the EPROM chip thats been added to this ECU... No one has really bothered doing EVO IV's from what I can figure out, as it's way easier to swap to an EVO V ecu, which is re-flashable via the OBDII port. I want to use this one though, for a couple of reasons... 1) It was payment for a computer job i did a while back, so essentially free, 2) Kind of cool to run an weird frankenstein engine on a frankenstein ecu, 3) real time tunable with an EPROM emulator.

I've also got a set of .5mm over pistons at work, shitty un-known chinese spec. I need to CC them, and my head, and figure out if it would give a compression ratio anywhere near 8.5:1, which would be cool. They're slightly dished, but much less so than the 7.6:1 pistons in there at the moment. Fuck i miss driving this thing, less exams, more cars.