Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

yeh facelift. can get them for sub 200 from toyota. think prefacelift like linglings is discontinued. facelift one looks better anyway.

need bumper brackets or modify, plus the new bumper lights if going to facelift from pre

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all expensive

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 326179.htm

assuming thats the right thing.

Yep, I asked him yesterday if he could get me zenki ones.

I really should bought a Kouki.

These Bumpers are so Cheap.

I have decided to put Matt black for the bumpers and side mirrors and lights.

I do like the bottom sill to be painted black as well, so it gives a two tone look, and factory.

mise just do the whole lot at the same time.

From factory I think the sills were painted black, the ones on my car are, but I always thought it was because it had a factory kit on it/to suit the black side skirts.

But I really wouldnt bother painting them black to be honest.

Hi VG, Do you mind if you could take a photo of your sill? maybe put a ruler or something on the sill so I could work out where the Silver and Black paint meets?

no, but the looks are exactly the same.

Ah, fair enough.

I'm glad you're putting the effort into returning it to a tidy factory-spec look. That'll guarantee that it holds its value :mrgreen:

Still amazed at how good the condition was, in the flesh.

I was there last week servicing their two homo's. Josh (3ske on here i think) and i were clowning around on friday and he made some reference to oldschool. We had a yack and he mentioned that you had been there earlier.

Small world!

What were you doing there?

oh true, i was fixing a fault on there fire alarm as usual. os work meat if was day later. watch out if you end up at the kauri site, im related to half the staff there..

Ling, some pics of that shield. lacking photographic technology atm, so this is good as it gets:

photo0135.jpg

photo0134.jpg

you need to look at your dizzy/cas, to see if it has the 2 threaded holes, to accept the shield

Nice bumpers are perfect, not sure about the mirrors and side skirts tho.

My car wouldn't sit that low.

US has the red side lights?

Good looking car!

mirrors are shit, but sideskirts are factory and fuckin awesome.. not many gt-vs had sideskirts though, more a gt-apex thing.. but still factory option? and yeah us has the red side lights

as for kouki bumper, if you buy one you also need kouki grill, bumper indicators/lights, zenki lip, kouki eye lids and corner lights, otherwise it looks shit.. and if you're running kouki front bumper (bearing in mind the theme) you would also need kouki rear bumper and redlines? but redlines look shit on a silver car, i vote keep zenki