I*C*E* question..

KKtrips

Whats the cons of taking a sub-box with a 12"er in the front and then plonk 2 6x9's in the side of it.

Pros = more room in my wag and less fucking around with wiring when I want to move it.

Obviously I'm not worried about having a class A sound - more just so I can unplug a few wires and then carry box of sounds to the front seat and make more room in the back for maxin and relaxin..

If you had seserate internal areas for the speakers I see no problem.

If you were going to run a pair of 6x9's and a sub in the same enclosure it'd sound shithouse, would be better of not running the sub at all.

The sub-woofer would steal sound/bass from the 6x9s and theyd be fighting each other all the time.

Hide one of those "under seat" subs somewhere? they wont live up to a well boxed and amped 12"but if you get a decent one they certainly add that extra punch. Buick has a fuck tonne of space under the seat so 2 of these are going to be my compromise instead of a normal sub that would take up precious dickie seat/sleeping space

ditch the 6x9's get a good/useable set of 6" mids/components up front

I have a Commodore therefore the front wheelwells drip like a Hawaii hooker the day after the ship gets into port so front speakers is not really an option at the mo..

However this option is what I had actually imagined when Mr Roboto made his suggestion - LOL - its only sounds and pristine is not high on the priority..

screw current 6x9 boxes to side of sub box?

Another thing is that with the two 6x9s so close together you wont get the same effect as if they were on either side of the vehicle. Not a major really but something to consider. Also 6x9s are not needed when using a sub, use 6inch if you are looking to buy/aint already got gear.

Gaz

hory great holes in the doors for mids/play with fibre glass/mdf make some pods if they aint deep enuff?

(thinking out loud)

keep it simple, sub box sitting on seat dont sound like a grand Idea either : belt it in :P (bet you were gunna do that anyway)

edit : can give ya the mounts/doorcards out of my spare 250T/green wag if you wanna butcher something?

DIY:how to at wagnats LOL

everyone bring a tool

Rocking no sub when I don't need space in the back wouldn't work cos almost everytime I take it out somewhere and have sounds I will be wanting to use the back to sleep/hang out in it. So I would end up never having sub in the boot - which is pointless.

Sub box would sit in the boot of the wag on a hard surface and I'll only be chucking it on the front seat when I've parked up for the night and need the room. Just so it stays dry and out of the way..

Also I've already got 6x9's, 12" sub, 2 amps and boxes..

Hehe guess I should have done some research before/will replace 6x9's with 6ers when they blow up/get damaged