Redwood Tavern 15th Feb @ 7pm - meeting to discuss OS Nats

Chris.QCR

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will be sweet. Im still finishing my 7 year everything modified Datsun 1200 wagon and gotta get it certed and running sweet before nats!!!

this sounds like me only im undoing some mods with the hope that i can find a wof in a wetbix box ;)

Just chuck an egg in the radiator and some crushed banana skins in the bearing and away you go....

if this was facebook that would be LIKE :)

Thats nothing. I have to walk to work, towing my Viva with a rope attached to my balls, boot filled with 15 sacks of coal, just so I can do some simple repairs.

lol alex big balls is it gonna be you should tow it to blenheim like that and do a couple simple jobs on my car ;)

We'll be popping over in two weekends coming (to get cat cuddles etc). When there we'll pop round and drink beer while shouting encouragement at ya.

lol thats what most people seem to do i am hopin to have it to the wof check stage by then if it gets a wof might push for mods ;)

Can the drivers of each car please PM me their email address and I will forward the Travel Voucher for each cars interisland travel - once you get them can you check all the details are correct and let me know if any changes are required..

Chur..

time seems to be flying by i seem to get to a got point on my car then have a set back was ment to have wof and be road testing work out the bugs this week but car still hasn't driven under its own power yet :o only 2 weekends left panic :shaking2:

so if i don't get done im gonna blame the lack of alex's abuse yelling :P

got a delema on my hands now had a guy make a cash offer to buy my car ive got for a back up but still haven't got my main car ready on the rd.

to sell or not to sell how sure am i that it will be done how sure am i that it can get a wof for trip lol

for the get it done part if plans go good will be done by the weekend wof is my real worry i can fix any issues just not if they said i need cert for somthing :pale:

this is my back up back up wheels

526671_10150609069166570_679246569_9729677_418822088_n.jpg

if i can get my 15 month old son off it :rolleyes:

Sell it after the trip. This trip is the most important thing in your life right now. Remember that.

Or sell your kid. White kids fetch good money overseas! Just remember that its easy to make more in the future and its a fun process.

Sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Has everyone got their travel documents for the ferry?

I have forwarded them all to your email adresses.

Plan for the weekend..

Thursday

Ferry arrives Wellington.

I'll meet you guys at the ferry terminal at 4.30pm

Providing the boat is NOT late we should be all parked in a group and ready to roll by 5pm

If there is time we will shoot to the veledrome for a quick look (its 20 minutes across town in traffic to get there)

Veledrome area is shut down at sunset so we will be kicked out at 6pm latest

Head to pizza joint for Welly meet (15-20 minutes across town again)

After a feed, at about 7.30/8ish we'll have half an hour to get any last minute food/booze shopping done at the supermarket (same site as pizza meet)

Beave will then lead convoy to his place.

I'll lead a convoy to Russells house then on to mine.

Friday

As my place is the furtherest away we will need to leave my place around 8.30am, collecting Russells guys about 20 minutes later. Beavers guys will convoy with him as he is only 15 minutes from the weighstation.

Convoy roll out time is now set for 9.30am from the Plimmerton weighstation. (its about 25 minutes up the motorway from Wellington)

First planned stop is for 15-20 minutes at Hunterville for stretch, fuel (if needed), quick feed and loo break.

(meeting the Manawatu guys there to roll out at 12)

Second planned stop is Turangi for 20-30 minutes to refuel and loo break.

(want to be in Taupo by 3.30 so roll out from Turangi at 2.15ish)

From there the weekend is fairly self explanatory and follow the pack..

mission think my car is back to life and ready for a major road trip

How did your test drive go? Did it fall apart?

How many are now coming up from chch and when do you all hope to hit Blenheim?

I would love us to convoy through to Picton as one big group. The Blenheim train station is on the mainroad through town so could be a good place to meet.

road test went ok seems to go wheel alignment needs work not best in the wet and exhaust fumes getting in car so window has to stay down donno how they getting in there i drove past ya olds alex you must have heard it as its LOUD

am i the only one that gets sea sick in the rough im looking at the weather and wonder what that lil bit of water is going to do