chees's dual carbie spaceship

chees-

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep cutting the stiff end will make the spring stiffer overall. F=kx so you are decreasing x, so k (spring constant) increases

From what the boes were telling me the numbered part on the springs, think yours must be 59 means the non progressive part is rated at 5.9kg/mm

Cutting the progressive part I think does fuck all

Brad/Mikuni or Roman covered a bit of a how to chop springs in their build threads IIRC

If one of them or Spencer read this they could confirm

yep cutting the stiff end will make the spring stiffer overall. F=kx so you are decreasing x, so k (spring constant) increases

From what the boes were telling me the numbered part on the springs, think yours must be 59 means the non progressive part is rated at 5.9kg/mm

Brad/Mikuni or Roman covered a bit of a how to chop springs in their build threads IIRC

ahuh sweet, yea 59 rear and 58 front. or i could put them in the shuttle shocks? and risk being on bumpstops the whole time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If one of them or Spencer read this they could confirm

Yeah, this ^

Cutting the soft or progressive part of the spring off does nothing except make the spring less captive. This is the part that just compressess down on itself with the weight of the car, so removing it gains nothing.

2nd pic has some pretty wicked depth of field, looks good, go lower

I am picking that is photoshopped, not even my f1.4 would do that. Has that tilt shift look to it.

Stick with the white wheels, the only trispokes worth having are Super Advans or Advan A3A's anyway.

But paint the white ones gunmetal, with a heavy metalflake and a super high gloss.

yeah has quite the tilt-shift look to it - I wouldn't know how to achieve that in photoshop let alone with a camera

those tri's look good, but those 5 spokes suit it more I think - I just dislike the way the multistud is drilled on them