Dyno sheet - Power dipping off?

cute wee gem

Is the ECU electronically restricting the throttle? No idea if this is even possible in older engines but newer engines with the fly by wire shit are sometimes electronically restricted between different vehicle models ( 317kw HSV clubsport vs 325kw HSV Clubsport GTS is an example that comes to mind)

my e30/m20b20 has a similar curve, AFAIK it's an acoustic/pneumatic type of issue with intake manifold. i thought Toyota solved this with TVIS though? seeing the torque fall with it raises an eyebrow though, i assume that would be timing - what's your spark map/advance table look like?

Does the JZ have a variable intake system of some sort? TVIS or whatever?

I had a pretty big dip on my EZ30 from the Subaru TVIS equivalent thing switching over from low RPM to high mode. This caused a rich spike which in turn caused the power dip.

Don't really feel it unless you're really trying hard to. No TVIS, exhaust is factory I think but is pretty crushed up under the diff from hitting the road.

Just seemed weird that it actually drops in power so sharply.

That power figure makes me sad. Any mods to it? Auto or manual?

No mods at all, manual trans - engine feels a bit tired though