Best carb set up for my RB30

street_legal

I have a matched pair of Jag SU carbs here but they are for a turbo conversion

How come they have to be matched sets? Can you not just change all the jets to the same as each other?

3 SUs or Stromberg would be ace, like a XU1 Torrana.

Matched sets work best because there are a lot of subtle differences inside the cabs, also the throttle shafts are fairly specific length wise which makes linking and balancing them difficult.

I couldn't say about sets of SUs though.

Depending on what you want to achieve a 390/465 Holley might work too?

My only criticism of SU's is the lack of instant punch when you mash the loud pedal. Otherwise they are supremely adaptable and easy. Dellortos are said to be the better built Webers.

bike carbs to a lesser extent are like this too, being a cv type carb also, (except FCRs ).

would still go / run better than SUs tho. especially if an angry cam comes into the equation.

apparently dellortos atomise the fuel better, but have used them and webers and havnt noticed too mush difference, altho maybe weber parts are easier to get?

if you want something a bit different i have a set of outboard carbs,

they're off a 225 johnson but would need to be separated as they run a common shaft stacked 3 a side,

they'd actually look tits with a bit of work on a custom manifold.

they are a 2 stroke carb so will flow a fair amount of gas and have provision to run trumpets standard.