Whose coming?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Whose coming?

• Me in my car
    • Me in my car, have spare seats
    • Me and have a ride
    • Me but need a ride

Okey guys.

After all the disscussion i reakon theres enough interest to get this thing rolling. (Puns are always intended)

DATE: Sunday 11 September 2011

WHAT: Oldschool cruise from greenlane out to miranda hot pools and back

WHEN:

10:00 - 10:30 am -- Meet at Greenlane McDonalds/Countdown. Get nibbles/brews (see below for brews)

11:00am -- Leave carpark and head towards miranda. We will head through clevedon/maretai etc etc.

WHENEVER -- Arrive at hotpools for lunch and swim

AFTER WHENEVER -- Leave

Notes:

Cruise - retep and/or toottoot - you guys sound familiar with this drive if you want to help me nut out the cruise route.

- We will stop along the way at least once to regroup/let new cars that broke up the convoy GTFO/take some snaps

Maps - Once cruise route is nutted out ill put directions together so if any gets lost or cruise gets to broken up. Will also include directions for quickest route back to Auckland from hot pools for thsse who need it.

Hotpools - Deal is $20 for lunch and swim. Toottoot - Can you confirm all these and pass the info on to your contacts. What does lunch include? Hot pools are BYO amiright? so bring beers if ya lke.

-Oldschool.co.nz does not condone drinkdriving in any way, so drivers behave!

Have added poll so we get some idea of numbers.

Dont have an OSride going? OS i a friendly bunch and i would have no issues jumping in a car of any of the cats ive met, so dont be shy, ask for a ride and lets see if we can get all OS rides and fill em up. Just remember a gas donation goes a long way.

This should turn into a relatively cheap day out. And hope the weather is nice enough on the day.

ok... go!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this, took Toot Toot Timmy for a drive on the weekend and had fun, even if it needs 8,000rpm to get up a slight incline and the tyres operate in daylight savings time, should be a nice cruise.

Was thinking this way would be best from Greenlane.. have lead it back to SH1 so people can get home.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/44003096/

Looking forward to this, took Toot Toot Timmy for a drive on the weekend and had fun, even if it needs 8,000rpm to get up a slight incline and the tyres operate in daylight savings time, should be a nice cruise.

Was thinking this way would be best from Greenlane.. have lead it back to SH1 so people can get home.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/44003096/

Had a slight chuckle at use of mapmyrun route, tis what I use for planning my runs also

• 4 weeks later...

i was going to take one of my boys along for the ride.

But now its going to be Me, the wife and the two boys.

I will be driving alot slower than normal thru the twisty roads. as someone gets car sick.

But now its going to be Me, the wife and the two boys.

I will be driving alot slower than normal thru the twisty roads. as someone gets car sick.

This public service announcement on the pitfalls of getting married and having children was brought to you by fast135. :wink:

11th September is not this weekend but the next one. :bounce:

Tell editor you have to go to church - you can play hymns in your car on the way, and there will be wine and crackers no doubt. Jesus comes across as a cool enough guy in the stories (bad taste in friends though), pretty sure he would have been keen on your Charger. So it's all good.