The offroad thread!

DodgySam

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the good old back of the tyre gauge deflation method?

I'd prefer that over spending extra money on stuff that saves only a few mins at most

It takes about 30 years to take psi out of a large 4x4 tyre. Especially if you are going from hard pumps after road to nearly flat in the mud.

Those quick deflaters are primo. Especially the ones you just leave on there and it stops at right pressure. So you just buy 4 of them.

So yeah, turns out I ain't got no photos of my thing cause I never hardly offroad properly.

Heres when I bought it.

P1050257.jpg

I miss the massive deck of the old one, but I spose if I ever get some friends they might want to sit in the back.

Super orig SR5 LN106. 2.8 3L. Sloppy LSD. The usual. I put a crummy aluminium bar on the back so I didn't need to worry about stoving in the corvers of the deck. Have installed UHF radio in 2nd DIN slot, Can talk to IHC kids and weirdos round town. Cool. Oh and more modern radio. Daily life.

What happened to the good old back of the tyre gauge deflation method?

I'd prefer that over spending extra money on stuff that saves only a few mins at most

It takes about 30 years to take psi out of a large 4x4 tyre. Especially if you are going from hard pumps after road to nearly flat in the mud.

Those quick deflaters are primo. Especially the ones you just leave on there and it stops at right pressure. So you just buy 4 of them.

Reals?

In all the time i've been involved in 4wding, I've never felt the need for them. Even when going from 40ish psi down to 1o or below, it's never been that hard.

/I'm just cheap and make do without fancy stuff :wink:

• 7 months later...