Stripping interior of car back to bare metal

spanners

So I want to POR15 the starlet floor inside. Problem I have is that the paint wont stick to anything other than bare metal as far as I know. I have been trying to clean off all the paint but 2 hours into it and a broken grinder... I did about 1/2 of the boot area.

Anyone got any tricks? I have been using a wire brush wheel on the grinder but I dont think it is ideal.

Im just annoyed cos my grinder got soo fuckin hot that the seal failed and it spewed oil onto my bare metal surfaces etc so now I have to buy marine prep POR15 shit to remove the grease.

I spent maybe 3 hours today and got 1/4 of a square meter maybe done, just figured I was doing something wrong. I am extremely impressed with the quality of toyotas green paint.

Maybe purple 3m disc will be a good idea. I have used one before - didnt last long but was good while it lasted.

When you say paint stripper - which brand etc?

Did some research tonight that suggested POR15 can be painted over normal paint, so I might just tear back the shitty parts and POR15 whatever is left. Will be amazing

(CDL wat the fuck do yoooouuu know about toyotas? You bluffer, secret nissan/mitsi fan)

(CDL wat the fuck do yoooouuu know about toyotas? You bluffer, secret nissan/mitsi fan)

oh nigga no you didnt

If by saying Nissan you mean Datsun, then yes

And if you mean by saying Mitsi you mean your mum, Then double yes

Also the brand of stripper to use, Is Santa fe Dream Girls

2520077.jpg

Unless you cant get there before 10pm for free entry

Then I would suggest Turgo paint stripper (I could be wrong about the name, but its kinda like turbo but im sure it has a g in it)

You might be able to buy that from union hardware, but dont know how much it is

Allan

If the factory paint is that awesome then why POR15 it?

If you want it black then paint it black. POR15 will stick to paint if you are really keen to use it. You can spray it too - but it does bubble up a bit.

Having had a black interior on a race car once before - I would advise against it - but it is your car :-)

I think it took me a day to strip my whole floor with a wire wheel, good quality one, tried cheaper ones and they were beyond shit and just fired off spikes at me.

After full wire brush, then metal ready, then POR15 x2 or 3 coats. 2 Years later it was just as mint.

1296520010-after.jpg