Goodmans 69 Mk2 Cortina

kiwitina

should make yourself a rolling frame so you can have the suspension off and still roll the car out of the garage and get the benefit of a empty garage when you need it.

yeah man I hear ya. i should learn to weld. its nice to have a single car garage but im already outgrowing it. the car on a frame would be sweet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get ya self a nice little mig (say 130 amp or so dont need much bigger for cars) and a boc account. a few G clamps, and right angle magnets and a nice 500mmx500mm bit of 10mm steel plate to weld on. It's easy to learn, just need someone to show you right from wrong buddy.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sweet mk2 mate, such a cool shape, widened steels look awesome like the factory lotus rims (look so nice with whitewalls n hubbys!), are you still short of 1 hubcap? if so I've got a couple spare possibly from my old mk1

sweet mk2 mate, such a cool shape, widened steels look awesome like the factory lotus rims (look so nice with whitewalls n hubbys!), are you still short of 1 hubcap? if so I've got a couple spare possibly from my old mk1

Thanks bro. I gave those other hubcaps away for some silly reason so im short four of em. Keen as if you've got some.

• 1 month later...

Looking tidy. :D

Are the steels stamped FoMoCO on the tongs? If so you most likely wont be able to fit hubcaps as there from a XM falcon which has a hubcab 100 bigger in diameter.

Otherwise if not your probably sweet.

MK2's look sweet on lotus style rims.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking tidy. :D

Are the steels stamped FoMoCO on the tongs? If so you most likely wont be able to fit hubcaps as there from a XM falcon which has a hubcab 100 bigger in diameter.

Otherwise if not your probably sweet.

MK2's look sweet on lotus style rims.

Hmm thats a new one. Id have to check.

How painful was the bill for the panels from the uk in the end?

Have been thinking this might be the way to go for some bits for my anglia.

It cost me nearly $300 to get it here. 7kilo parcel. Another $680 for the parts themselves. Its not cheap at all but there just wasnt any other option. Atleast its done now.

Its useful to know that there is a massive backlog on their orders so it takes 3-4months to reach the top of the queue. Gives ya plenty of time to save up to pay for it! :D

those wheels are gonna suck.. giz to me

hahaha no chance.

Im looking at buying some new door skins for a mk2 sport from that site how much did they rape you for shipping?

Im guessing that 2 door skins would maybe be around the same size and weight. So as a rough ballpark figure prob around $300....?

But cant you just patch up the bit you need? I got these panels ordered because they are quite tricksy in design. folds,bends etc. Seems a little silly if your gonna spend all that money to get a mostly flat piece of metal. That said you might even be able to source some here in NZ?