Goodmans 69 Mk2 Cortina

kiwitina

nah anglia in sig is not mine, just a pic i found online for inspiration/what it will look like when done.

I have the box out of my anglia if you need the selector. Not sure if its the original anglia box though as it had an esky 1300 and the anglias originally have a hydraulic clutch which mine doesn't.

Thanks man. Pretty sure I will be able to work with the one I have. Even if i have to bend or shorten it. chur

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standard practice when painting conc is to remove any loose material via scraping.

I would just leave with carpet tho as it is cheap/free!

Gaz's 5c with no releveance to cars 8)

Worked for me just fine, no more concrete dust, no more lack of light under the car, .. all good. Sure there are better ways but it does work, and well.

The downside to carpet is the 'hold in the dirt factor'. and when your using a hoist/lifter/engine stand the wheels bind on the carpet.

oh .. SO relevant, :P the garage environment is just as relevant as the tools on the shadow board (if you have one).

• 3 weeks later...
Hey mate, I'v got a mk2 myself, 5speed sierra box with a bench seat. I just moved up from Wellington to Auckland 2 weeks ago. Living out by Ardmore aerodrome.

Keen to see how the Tina turns out!!

Always good to know of localish cortina drivers. Im from Pukekohe which is local enough i suppose. Think Im gonna stick with the 2000e gearbox in mine. might only be 4 gears but thats what I like about it. Close ratios too! Definitely staying with the bench seat. Will hopefully be done by this time next year!!!

I have taken the guards off a mk2 before.. they are stuck on everywhere, tricky job which takes alot of patience.

Gaz

Yeah mate. I see its gonna be a tricky job. So was that off your current Mk2? How was the base of the A pillar once you got em off? From what I can see in mine, it doesn't seem that bad. The guard itself though is pretty shot so its gotta come off!

• 2 weeks later...
And use riv nuts :)

Looks like you have a fairly mint shell seen alloy worse

Benefits of spending a bit extra and getting a car that was on road I guess. Looks to be in original condition but I cant really tell. Riv nuts??? rivet nuts i assume?? cant think if i've ever seen them. Chur

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Ive sold it. Might have kept it if it was good for that reason but its totally screwed. Sills, floors, boot, front and rear guards and posts To big a job for someone like me who doesnt know how to weld yet. Apparently what is salvageable will be used on another 2 door so that atleast is good.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...